Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MT82 Finally Fixed! Blowfish Racing Shifter Bracket

speedfreak
    If you wanna do it one eve during the week i can swing down and keep ya company.

TheMustangShow
    Quote Originally Posted by 03svt View Post
    Glad you found a fix...major issue with my car and the only thing that keeps me wondering if I'll keep it.

I'm going to throw a shifter at mine this year and some solid shifter bushings and see where that takes me.

Congrats on the fix
    You can keep the stock shifter and just get these and then move on...

http://rehagenracingproducts.com/GT5...7211-GT500.htm

A very good friend designed it, it will sort out your T6060

I have not installed my solid bushings yet, but have had the much much Higher Durometer Rear Mount one on for years with my KR shifter and no issues.

TheMustangShow
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray721 View Post
    I wouldn't call this a victory just yet. It shifts great but the NVH is too much. I'm gonna have to get in contact with Blowfish tomorrow to try and troubleshoot it. When accelerating it makes a pretty loud rattling sound.
    Blowfish is a Racing Co./ Track Day Company, NVH increase is probably not a priority.

abeltrame
    Please post results. LOVE my boss but hate the transmission and shifter. Feels like I'm shifting a fucking jetta. Powershifting is extremely difficult.

Mustang Occasionally
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMustangShow View Post
    Blowfish is a Racing Co./ Track Day Company, NVH increase is probably not a priority.
    That's my bet too. The more joined and solid it makes it, the louder it will be. Took getting used to with the Barton too and I'm sure this BF model would be even more so.

TheMustangShow
    Quote Originally Posted by 03svt View Post
    Glad you found a fix...major issue with my car and the only thing that keeps me wondering if I'll keep it.

I'm going to throw a shifter at mine this year and some solid shifter bushings and see where that takes me.

Congrats on the fix
    You can keep the stock shifter and just get these and then move on...

http://rehagenracingproducts.com/GT5...7211-GT500.htm

A very good friend designed it, it will sort out your T6060

I have not installed my solid bushings yet, but have had the much much Higher Durometer Rear Mount one on for years with my KR shifter and no issues.

This is well beyond "normal" operating noise. I'll get it sorted out eventually.

It's definitely making contact under there with something. I just might take you up on that offer Dave. We'll see. Think mom is demanding my presence for dinner tomorrow so tomorrow might be a no-go.

Can't mess wit da mama.

It shifts beautifully though! I had it to like 7000rpm and straight up power shifted 3-4 without any lockout like I was getting before. If I can get this rattling sorted out this will be THE best thing for a mustang since the Coyote motor
    Follow me on Instagram @ray721_14gt for car pics and general shenanigans

Because Rayscar!!!!

Roushcharged
    Did you ever get the rattling sorted out Ray?

Haha no. That's why I haven't updated the post. I've just been driving with the windows down so I can't hear it lol.

It's a pain in the ass jacking it up on stands. Maybe this weekend I'll give it another go
    Follow me on Instagram @ray721_14gt for car pics and general shenanigans

Because Rayscar!!!!

Roushcharged
    Yea I bet a hoist would be convenient! Good luck, looking forward to an update once its resolved.