Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MT82 Finally Fixed! Blowfish Racing Shifter Bracket

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    I think I may go this route as well (shifter bracket) - would there still be a need to change to a short shifter as well

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

Depends how hard you shift. I might get an aftermarket shifter solely because I feel like I'm gonna rip this one off when I'm driving the piss out of it.

If you want everything done right the first time. Get the blowfish/MGW combo on CJ Pony Parts. Unfortunately they are the only company out there that has their hands on them at the moment.

Some people have horror stories with CJPP. My bracket was to my door in three days after they received it from BFR. I got lucky I guess.
    Follow me on Instagram @ray721_14gt for car pics and general shenanigans

Because Rayscar!!!!

12GrabberGT
    I see today that CJ is now offering both the original version and the updated version. They are calling the original the "Race Version" and the new one the "Street Version". Difference is that the bushing on the street version is not rigidly mounted on the bracket. It slides in guide pins. It's a few months yet before the Grabber will be back on the road, so there hopefully be a few reviews out there on the new one before I decide to add this.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/blowfish-...-2013/p/MSSB2/

Isn't that cool looking, much needed product.

Good to hear it worked out! Time to get some of these bad boys

new mgw v3 or whatever it is is supposed to be perfect negating the need for something like this by making a hard mount for the shifter to the trans vs body

Quote Originally Posted by ndinadis View Post
    new mgw v3 or whatever it is is supposed to be perfect negating the need for something like this by making a hard mount for the shifter to the trans vs body
    Its also nearly twice the price. However I haven't managed to fix the rattle yet. Every time I adjust it, it just rattles at a different RPM. I might be ripping it out and selling it, then putting the money towards the MGW.

Because Rayscar!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray721 View Post
    Its also nearly twice the price. However I haven't managed to fix the rattle yet. Every time I adjust it, it just rattles at a different RPM. I might be ripping it out and selling it, then putting the money towards the MGW.
    That was the big complaint I heard about the blowjob bracket, the mgw one I was referring to was the new race one but that may also have nvh?
    I have the shifter for the 3650 and love it, best built and engineered part I have on the car

A little NVH is fine. But my shifter sounds like it's full of marbles. I have one more thing I want to try when my garage warms up. If I can't get it sorted out its getting yanked out and I'll but the Barton 2 post back in until I can afford the MGW piece.

Because Rayscar!!!!

How about the revised blowfish bracket for street?