Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Oil Analysis Results

Oil Analysis Results

In this thread I will post any Oil Analysis Results that I get.

The first test results I have are for Not4You's 2003 Mach 1. Not4you was the first person on the board to inquire about AMSOIL with me. He was a little unsure about using an oil for an extended period of time. I told him that with AMSOIL Signature Series he could go an entire season on one oil change but he was still hesitant So I offered him the best peace of mind I could and suggested we do an oil analysis after a Track Day. He agreed to give AMSOIL a shot. After he had the first track day at TMP he informed me that he had another one coming in a few weeks so we agreed to wait until after that one to pull the sample. The next WNNOTC after his second track day we pulled the sample as our audience saw lol.

Not4you told me that he had approximately 2,000 KM on the sample, 200 of which were from the 2 road course events. Here are the results.

As you can see there are still plenty of active additives for protection. Copper levels are a touch higher than expected but not anything to be to concerned about.

Hopefully I have made Not4you a customer for life.
    Ryan Matheson
    Matheson Motorsports
    Call/ Text: (416)688-7670

Amsoil T1-Certified Independent Dealer
    Amsoil Home Page

Very cool! Nice to see you stand behind the product you sell.
    Rich

I am using Signature Series in both my trucks. I put just over 9000 KM on my 2010 F-150 FX4 5.4L and "Oil Change Required" came up on the dash. I wanted to see if there was any validity to it, maybe Signature Series really couldn't last up to 40,000 KM in my truck, so I sent a sample out to be analyzed. I even continued to drive around for a few more hundred KM after the notification came on and before I tested it. The sample had just under 9500 km on it when I took it. I did not tow anything with this sample and only hauled people and my 15-20 cases of stock around the entire time.

Got the OK for continued use so I reset the minder and when it comes on again I will retest it.
    Ryan Matheson
    Matheson Motorsports

Amsoil Home Page

MikeS197
    Who does the oil analysis anyhow much does it cost?

They go to Oil Analyzers Inc. in Edmonton for analysis. I can meet up with you and pull the sample right through the dipstick tube with my pump, no lift required and no mess.
    Ryan Matheson
    Matheson Motorsports

Amsoil Home Page