Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  2
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Help Needed: Push Rod Power & Drag Suspension Setups

99chromegt
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboFox View Post
    If you are looking for a used BUILT motor just be sure to be VERY VERY careful. Tons of ppl get ripped off in those deals.

Take a look at fordstrokers.com for a bottom end at least.
    http://www.fordstrokers.com/diy-libe...rt-blocks.html

Holy crap what a website.... kid in a candy store or Slope with a case of RB & some poutine.
    This is what I'm going to look into.

yep thats a pretty good shop.
    "Without Warning, Without Conscience"

Slope
    Quote Originally Posted by 99chromegt View Post
    Slope with a case of RB & some poutine.
    When I die...

This is what I'm going to look into.
    Jim usually has a wait time of 3 months + or -. There's a reason.

Might wanna factor that into your timeline.

99chromegt
    Quote Originally Posted by Slope View Post
    408/427 351 Windsor based stroker (balanced obviously)
    12/12.5:1
    Custom solid roller
    950/1050 Holley
    Parker Funnel Web or Edelbrock Victor Jr/Super Victor
    Trick Flow TW225 Race heads, (maybe 240s)
    1-7/8" or 2" Primary longtubes
    3" exhaust

This would be a sledgehammer, could go quite a bit more conservative...
    ^^^ I'm about 90% sure this is the route I will take. 351W with 408 stroker setup with good heads, eddy intake & stage 3 TFS cam. I would like to keep the option of adding spray open.

I agree with BIG N/A power as the foundation. You can always supercharge or turbo later if this becomes a year to year ongoing hobby. build a bullit proof bottom end first IMO. You can still run 10's N/A with a dialed in suspension or even a small shot of nos. Nothing like a fresh build to go beat on all day without worry of it blowing up. rear ends, well......they are gonna come and go.

Slope
    ^^^ I'm about 90% sure this is the route I will take. 351W with 408 stroker setup with good heads, eddy intake & stage 3 TFS cam. I would like to keep the option of adding spray open.
    Do not use the TFS cam. If you are gonna go this far, select a custom piece.

Also, stay away from the later 351 roller blocks. Anything from the 60's through the 80's will suffice with a decent set of link bar roller lifters.

Do not use the TFS cam. If you are gonna go this far, select a custom piece.

Also, stay away from the later 351 roller blocks. Anything from the 60's through the 80's will suffice with a decent set of link bar roller lifters.
    I agree, go custom cam. For the extra $100 you will get the most out of your combo. I just bought my second custom cam from FTI. Money well spent!

99chromegt
    ^^ great info guys. Thanks. I am so excited to get started on this project. Still debating between dropping the extra coin on an assembled block from a shop or just finding a used block and going through the prep & build process with it. My goal is to run 10s and 9s with a power adder. I'm going to chip away at getting the chassis ready and rolling within the next couple months. Start getting the motor & drivetrain setup this summer and running it by summer 2016. I could squeeze that time frame into one year but don't want this to be a "visa" build lol.

Slope
    I could squeeze that time frame into one year but don't want this to be a "visa" build lol.
    The first Drag Strip event of 2015 might just EXPEDITE that plan...

99chromegt
    The first Drag Strip event of 2015 might just EXPEDITE that plan...
    I know so true. Just looking online at parts and pics of setups makes me want to turn this into a one winter build.
    Dash ideas anyone... A cage of some form or fashion will be built. 8 point?