Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  2
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Help Needed: Push Rod Power & Drag Suspension Setups

Slope
    TFS PLEASE.

you wanna play games?...or you wanna run fast?

yes a Ford based build will get you there...but you will pay...& Im Ford ALL THE WAY!...however

reality sux...re think & perhaps go this route...if I was doing an all out effort for the 1320

Im pretty sure I would go this route...http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=590407

its a long read...but its research you need to know

Im going ta be Darrens long lost bother after posting this

99chromegt
    Slope what do you have against AFR heads? Or is it you love TFS that much?

Tailites .... I did read about half of the 34 or 35 pages in that thread. Killer numbers for sure. I love TurboFox's build and I'm sure there are other members with cool LS etc swaps. Let's just say I'll never say never to building something like that but for now... never lol. My goal for the 1320 is mid to low 10s. Part of the fun in a build for me is buying and trying parts I lust over. For example in my 2V N/A build lots of people said stick with the stock intake manifold others just heat soak. I installed the TFS track heat and love it for my combo. I appreciate anyone's imput & guidance or I wouldn't have asked. Keep it rolling everyone.

99chromegt
    One debate I've been going back and forth on is which rear end housing to go with. Stock 8.8 or an aftermarket 9".

TurboFox
    Just run an 8.8 with a spool. Save some money on that end of things

Slope
    Quote Originally Posted by 99chromegt View Post
    Slope what do you have against AFR heads? Or is it you love TFS that much?
    I have nothing against AFR's, in fact, we used them on my Brother's 393W. They were on sale at Summit and he had someone bring them over for him. It fit the budget at the time.

Major TFS fanboy. There's a reason that they've been saddled with a weight penalty for years in NMRA racing...

Quote Originally Posted by TurboFox View Post
    Just run an 8.8 with a spool. Save some money on that end of things
    yep...you can go into the 7s with a prepped 8.8

if your goals are 10s...stick with as much stock stuff as you can until it breaks

upgrade your axles of course

TFS are very good heads

Quote Originally Posted by Slope View Post
    I have nothing against AFR's, in fact, we used them on my Brother's 393W. They were on sale at Summit and he had someone bring them over for him. It fit the budget at the time.

Major TFS fanboy. There's a reason that they've been saddled with a weight penalty for years in NMRA racing...

I'm a fanboy too lol. They are a great head.

99chromegt
    So let's talk stroke & compression ratio. I think realistically the 351W will end up turning into a 408 and not a 427. N/A setup with the option of nitrous later on. Race fuel is an option. 10 or 11 range? 4.0 ish stroke?