Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coyote supercharger options and opinions

Roushcharged

Coyote supercharger options and opinions

So with winter nearing soon and the car going away for storage can't help but look at some supercharger options for spring. These are the 3 options I've looked at so far. Would love to hear opinions, pros, cons and personal experiences.

2.3L Twin Screw Whipple
    2.8L Kenne Bell
    Roush TVS R2300

TheMustangShow

VMP TVS
    Last edited by TheMustangShow; 10-12-2014 at 03:34 PM.

Department of Boost is engineering an intake that will marry up a 5.0 to any Shelby compatible supercharger. Release is expected soon.

Mustang Occasionally
    Opinion... Enjoy it as it is. Easy to insure and is pretty damn fun just the way it came from the factory.

^^ true

Between the three, would take any of them, not a bad option to be had.

Pretty sure DaSilva's is now a Roush dealer and can get some decent prices.

That's what I have my eyes on. The Roushcharger can get you over 600HP. Lots of armchair commandos will say the Roush is crap and is easily tapped out. Blah blah blah.

Seriously though. Do you plan on building a fully forged motor? I don't. Just want a little more go. I want to do twins but that's $10,000. Not even tuned.

If you want to get boosted for cheap there's always Beefcake's Paxton specials.

Be we already know how much you like centri's lmao!!
    Follow me on Instagram @ray721_14gt for car pics and general shenanigans

Because Rayscar!!!!

Roushcharged
    I agree Ray, also looking for a bolt on kit. All 3 kits I looked at are 600hp plus. I've heard good things about the Kenne Bell but apparently customer service is a nightmare. Still doing a whole lot of reading, was hoping someone could provide some real time info. Good thing is winter seems to by knocking on our doors so that should provide plenty of time to decide.

TheMustangShow
    Quote Originally Posted by allicedout View Post
    I agree Ray, also looking for a bolt on kit. All 3 kits I looked at are 600hp plus. I've heard good things about the Kenne Bell but apparently customer service is a nightmare. Still doing a whole lot of reading, was hoping someone could provide some real time info. Good thing is winter seems to by knocking on our doors so that should provide plenty of time to decide.

Nothing wrong with KB, except they do cost more, if you go that route call Van @ www.revanracing.com great guy and few sell more KB.

12GrabberGT
    Quote Originally Posted by Armen View Post
    Opinion... Enjoy it as it is. Easy to insure and is pretty damn fun just the way it came from the factory.
    Agree. For 5 years I drove a 5.4 supercharged F150 (an anemic 340 HP by today's standards), so now driving my 5.0 (it is pretty damn fun), I enjoy the 400+ HP but ESPECIALLY enjoy not having to pay extra for 91 octane to get it.

Having said that, based on my years on the supercharged forums, those who upgraded usually went with Whipple or Kenne Bell.