Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Fuel Injector Questions

99chromegt

Fuel Injector Questions

I have checked out several good Ford Racing & parts supplier resources and still not 100% on which injector size I require. When spraying nitrous is the setup still consider naturally aspirated? So for example N/A 400 crank HP and with a 200 shot 550-600 crank hp. When deciding which injector to use there usually is a FI & N/A rating. I'm assuming the max 85% N/A rating is the one to use?? Here is a link to a very good Ford Racing Air/Fuel tech guide
    https://www.fordracingparts.com/down...I_TechTips.pdf
    According to what I read 47lbs injectors should do the trick as long as using nitrous is still consider N/A. I have also heard going with an oversized injector can be overkill dumping extra fuel into the motor and tuning can only compensate for a percentage. Any thoughts?

Would be great if you only needed to buy injectors once to cover you now and also when you go turbo if that is still your plan. I am speaking with experience here as I went from FRPP 39LB to 60LB and finally ended up with the ID1000's. I would speak to your tuner for his recommendation.

Built not bought! Follow this link to my 08 GT/CS Air Lift Performance Suspension Install Thread or this link to my Garage Thread

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my car and parts for what I told her they cost!

TheMustangShow
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Would be great if you only needed to buy injectors once to cover you now and also when you go turbo if that is still your plan. I am speaking with experience here as I went from FRPP 39LB to 60LB and finally ended up with the ID1000's. I would speak to your tuner for his recommendation.
    Well the good news is you won't have to buy another set, you now have the best.

99chromegt
    ^^ I don't want to compromise on the tubro build so I wouldn't be able to purchase all of the components this winter and have it ready for the spring. I want a full season of driving for 2015 so I'm moving forward with the teksid block built for spray. That setup should add some extra fun until I can assemble all of the components for the Turbo setup. I have never had an issues selling good used parts so i don't mind the short term investment to get me by.

Quote Originally Posted by 99chromegt View Post
    ^^ I don't want to compromise on the tubro build so I wouldn't be able to purchase all of the components this winter and have it ready for the spring. I want a full season of driving for 2015 so I'm moving forward with the teksid block built for spray. That setup should add some extra fun until I can assemble all of the components for the Turbo setup. I have never had an issues selling good used parts so i don't mind the short term investment to get me by.
    Agreed, I had no difficulty selling the FRPP 39's and 60's. If you read between the lines what I was trying to suggest was speak to your tuner, see if ID's will work both NA/Spray and Turbo.

Built not bought! Follow this link to my 08 GT/CS Air Lift Performance Suspension Install Thread or this link to my Garage Thread

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my car and parts for what I told her they cost!

99chromegt
    ^^ 10-4 got you. Thanks

+1 on speak with your tuner up front. Each have their own / unique ways of getting to the same result but in all cases, all prefer / see best results tuning around the combinations they are the most familiar with.

Injector size won't matter that much in an N/A setup if you are using a wet kit for nitrous....if running a dry kit then yes you need to increase your injector size to compensate for the extra fuel required.
    "Without Warning, Without Conscience"

99chromegt
    Quote Originally Posted by Intmdtr View Post
    Injector size won't matter that much in an N/A setup if you are using a wet kit for nitrous....if running a dry kit then yes you need to increase your injector size to compensate for the extra fuel required.
    ^^ thanks for the feedback. I had a chat with Diago today and he said something very similar. I'll still need to upgrade from the 24lbs to 39lbs because of the increased N/A HP the new setup will have and the Wet nitrous setup isn't that big of a factor. The 39s are relatively inexpensive so I'll install those for now instead of investing in the IDs

TurboFox
    Ya I concur, you will be fine with the wet kit.