Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Review for Raptor Shift Lght in S197

Mrods

Review for Raptor Shift Lght in S197

Picked this up on line for $105 delivered a few weeks ago. I tried out "Stang Mods" vs. American Muscle. Took longer to get the product, but shipping was free to Canada, which is rare.

Just installed and tested before the weather turn worst and I garage the car for the winter.

Overall, it was easy to install right above the steering column in the instrument cluster. Ran the wire down back and to the clutch side where the main wiring exits through the fire wall. Connected green and red to the coil (green and red), black to a ground source and it worked perfectly.

Settings are easy enough with small dials to select 1000's RPM and another for 100's. Did my road test and it is bright as hell at night. So day time, I have no doubt it will be highly visible.

So if you are looking for an inexpensive shift light, this one seems to do the job.

99chromegt
    Thanks for the review. I picked up the two step one a few months ago but haven't installed it. I'm looking forward to using it. I like your list of mods on your sig. Looks like a nice setup you have.

Mark, how ya been bud,
    I think I want one of these next year for the track, that place has great prices (beat AM on some bmr stuff I am looking at) and the free shipping is killer.
    Nick

Have one in my own ride. Easy install and works well. Did however mount it off to the left just below the two gauge A pillar pod (just clears factory tweater). Idea was to keep it easy enough to see but not directly in my face.

Similar to this but has difuser cap in place to further tone down (not a picture of my actual car but similar set up)

Annoying as hell when mounted dead center (previous owner had mounted, suited him)

Mrods
    Ya a side mount makes sense. It is a tad brighter than I expected. Sort of blinding at night actually. I'll just need to wear my sunglasses at night. Hey, I should make that into the one song that will allow me to retire.

First spot for mine was dead center, moved after the first night time cruise. Perifiral vision picks it up mint during the day but no longer a PITA when it's dark out.

The two stage is a must if you drag race your car even once a year. I love mine, it helped me get damn near into the 12's with a few bolt ons and slicks. Way easier to drive and much more consistent. I leave the cap on all the time and its still plenty bright enough.
    88 LX Hatch, Procharged R347, Lentech, Team Z... under construction.

01 Bullitt, BBK long tubes, X pipe, MagnaFlow MagnaPack cat back, BBK CAI, 4.10's, InTune, Raptor Shift Light, 12.93@105.63

I am mounting mine in the center heat vent....if it's too bright...close the vent some more.
    "Without Warning, Without Conscience"

Running a cap on mine as well.

Slope
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Perifiral vision
    Heh.

That was awesome LOL.