Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: breaking in a new motor...

TurboFox
    Quote Originally Posted by 99chromegt View Post
    Buy a new pickup truck and I'll even let you tow it there for me lol.
    lol sure thing

Lips
    Break it in like you plan to drive. You can't teach a kid to walk and then expect it to know how to run.

I've seen that before so when I got my daughter's new Chev Cruze I had it a couple of days before she got it for her birthday. I drove it hard with many abrupt decels. I mean to the floor. It now has 100,000 K and purrs, no oil usage between changes. Changes done when computer said so. I didn't follow what he said completely but I was aggressive. I remember when I lived in Oshawa hearing the guys driving cars off the line to the shipping yards on wentworth. They pounded those cars. Were they doing everyone a favour?

Slope
    This is a very difficult topic for me to reason with. Been doing it the easy/gentle method since I started working on internal combustion engines (cars/sleds/PWCs).

I think the next mill is gonna get flogged right after the first warm-up, Base Idle and oil/filter change.

It's only a 302.

Build some motors in my time. Have to say break in the cam (if needed) then drive it like you stole it..
    But trust me on the sunscreen !!