Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What I *DIDN'T* buy today...

Slope

What I *DIDN'T* buy today...

As some of you know, I've had a Project Fox on the go. Part of the final segment of the build was to install a power adder. All of the steps were taken during assembly of the motor and fuel system to accommodate the final phase of the car. I decided to omit the power adder for the season that has just past us as I was eager to get the car on the road and get any bugs worked out before going forced. The car ended being trouble-free save for a slight coolant leak.

Ever since I'd say around the mid 90's, I have had a monster hard-on for a 2.1L Kenne Bell. At the time, I could never had near enough scratch to buy the kit let alone the related parts. Other projects/builds/hobbies then took precedence and the KB idea got shelved.

With everything checking out on the car, and me being a good boy this year, I was going to realize a wet dream of days gone by and finally have my own Flowzilla kit instead of watching other people's YouTube videos. I was also looking for a brand new factory unit. I don't care how "lightly used" someone elses was. Factory fresh was the only answer.

I go on KB's website and make my way over to the Price List so I can get the P/N to place my order. I notice that the Fox kits are not listed. Interesting...

So I place a call down to Rancho Cucamonga, CA this morning with the intent of placing an order. Upon inquiring about a Fox kit: "We no longer stock them, they are discontinued and WE WILL NOT BE MAKING ANY MORE KITS FOR THE PUSHROD MOTORS". Apparently, the last kit sold in the Spring of this year.

The rest of the day was kinda ho-hum for me. I know that KB's customer service/Tech is notorious for being abysmal, which I kind of expected. After thinking about it, I made peace with a few reasons why this likely happened.

Anyways, you can always go check 'em out on YouTube. I know all the good vids...

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar

No, ahh man- maybe another vendor??

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

Pm Tino (saleenman), if anyone knows where to get one it would be him.

99chromegt
    Pushrods don't need a power adder I guess. Just no market.

Go turbo?

Follow me on Instagram @ray721_14gt for car pics and general shenanigans

Because Rayscar!!!!

What they should have done, developed an intercooled version and sold a million of em.

Slope
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    What they should have done, developed an intercooled version and sold a million of em.
    Bingo.

I remember back when these kits were just new, Jim Bell used to say that there is no sense incorporating a bypass. I guess his quietly changed his mind at some point...

When asked a few years back in an interview about any further advancements with the Fox kits, he pretty much said that "we've done what we've done and that's where it stands". A VERY closed-minded company in respect to product development and customer feedback.

I thought of doing an A2A setup, but I wanted to leave it alone. The inlet, compressor and manifolds already take up enough real estate under the hood.

Slope
    To add to the above, the kits were priced almost right in line with turbo kits. If it came down to HP/Dollar, I know which one I'd pick...

Largest problem he had selling kits, ignorance by the masses of how well it worked.

loved the Blowzilla on my 86 instant torque!!!

2019 Roush Race Red RS3 Mustang GT
    2019 White Jeep Cherokee 4x4 Ltd
    2019 Chevy Equinox AWD