Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fabric dye

Can't we just get along?? svo1990mustang's Avatar
    subscribing for impressions on fabric and seats

A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
    "Small cubes and boost makes Darryl something something.............."

Beware the Masher!!!
    Haven't had a chance to use the booth here at work but hoping to spray the bench tomorrow or Wednesday. I'll post before and after photos SVO

James

Can't we just get along?? svo1990mustang's Avatar
    Thanks that would be awesome!

A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
    "Small cubes and boost makes Darryl something something.............."

Beware the Masher!!!
    Ok, let's see if I can get these to post in order! Used a spray bottle with a mix of water and some soap and lightly sprayed the seat while using a plastic bristled brush to lightly clean the fabric. Let it dry for half an hour or so and then started. I've done 5 light coats and it looks pretty good. You can still see a slight 'wine' colour showing but it's black for the most part. I may do one more coat tonight, maybe two.

Before:

1st coat:

2nd coat:

3rd coat:

4th coat:

this shot is after coat 5 but still in the paint booth

this I took this morning in my crating room. Again, to my eye you can still see wine colour but in certain light it looks black. Should look good once it's all done and back in the car.

The product works good and dried pretty quick. Doesn't seem to come off when rubbed with some force. The fabrics itself does lose its 'plushness' and feels like in fact it has been sprayed with something but likely the most cost effective way to change interior colour quickly, if you're making minor changes as I am.

James

Slope
    Built, not bought.

+1