Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  816
Page 148 of 176 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1752

Thread: Fat azz to lean thread.

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    recovery is as important as pushing hard keep it up...just notice your just around the corner from Melancthon,(if yur driving a Mustang) I use to be in Alton also lived just North of Hillsburgh way back in the late 80's, passed thru Erin all the time
    So true, rest is part of training.

Yeah we’re not too far from one another and yes, still driving a mustang. Currently, have a 93’ coupe and 04’ cobra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WTF
    Quote Originally Posted by BOOOSTD View Post
    Took a much need vacation and headed south to Aruba over the holidays/New year with the family. It was the first time ever that I had taken 10 days off from training and didn't worry about what I ate or drank. All this combined was mentally and physically refreshing and has motivated me to hit some new PR's in 2019.

The video is today's post vacation/break-in workout for 2019. I took it easy and did a basic powerlifting session and covered the big three - squats, bench and deadlifts. 5 sets x 5 reps for each exercise.

Hopefully I embedded the video properly

I see the squat shows 275 x 5

is that not 405 on the bar?

edit....now I'm seeing the deadlift saying 405....but looks like 495

and 255 on the bench that looks like 315

what kind of plates are those?

Fat azz to lean thread.

Those are rubber bumper plates on the front squats and bench and a mixture of iron and bumper plates on the deads. I don’t have enough bumper plates yet to cover my deadlifts. I prefer the bumper plates especially for squats because if you don’t make the lift; you just drop it and don’t have to worry about cracking any plates.

In videos, the bumper plates are difficult to tell what is being used as they are the same size as an iron 45 but the thickness is different; that’s why I paste it in the corner.

Here are the increments plus add another 45 pounds for the crossfit bar.

Front squats 275 - Pair 45’s, 35’s, 25’s, 10’s

Bench 255 - Pair 45’s, 35’s, 25’s

Deads 405 - 45’s x3 pairs, 35’s, 10’s

Thanks!!

What are some of your PB's Timmy?

I haven't been doing any power lifting in a long time, but did set some personal bests in cycling last year, peak power (I use a power meter that measures the amount of force I apply to the pedals) saw an increase of over 10% year or year, 3 podiums in provincial level road races and 3 more top tens for the 6 provincial road races I entered last year (fields varied from 30-90 participants). Rode over 13,000 kms in 398 hours which was a PB for distant and hours of riding in a year. Completed my longest ride (245km) and my biggest 2 day total (405km). Highest average pace road race was in Italy, 120km, 800 metres of elevation at an average speed of 40.9km/hr. Two weeks ago I completed the fastest 40km I have ever ridden in 50:45.
    Last edited by Gabe; 01-09-2019 at 10:56 AM.

WTF
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    What are some of your PB's Timmy?.
    at almost 52 I don't do max weight PBs anymore....just try to do lots of volume

best bench - 365 for 2
    squat - 465 for 1
    deadlift - 495 for 1

that was approx 182lbs @ 5'8"

haven't touched a straight bar on the bench in probably 6 or 7 years....just monster dumbbells and lots of sets

knees over the past few years have been telling me that they're not happy over 400lbs on the squat any more....so I just stick to sets of 350 x 8 and see how many sets I can do (typically do about 12 sets with that)

don't have an olympic bar so haven't done a lot of deads in recent years.....50lb metal plates on the 1" bar sit quite a bit lower than the 45lb olympic set up

just went to the fitness depot site and getting a bunch of bumper plates and an olympic is not very expensive now

back when I put my original home gym set up together (1992) a 45lb olympic bar was $300+ just for the bar ($300 seemed like big coin back then so stayed with the standard 1" bars)....now they throw in 200+ lbs of weight plus some spring collars

Quote Originally Posted by WTF View Post
    at almost 52 I don't do max weight PBs anymore....just try to do lots of volume

best bench - 365 for 2
    squat - 465 for 1
    deadlift - 495 for 1

that was approx 182lbs @ 5'8"

haven't touched a straight bar on the bench in probably 6 or 7 years....just monster dumbbells and lots of sets

knees over the past few years have been telling me that they're not happy over 400lbs on the squat any more....so I just stick to sets of 350 x 8 and see how many sets I can do (typically do about 12 sets with that)

don't have an olympic bar so haven't done a lot of deads in recent years.....50lb metal plates on the 1" bar sit quite a bit lower than the 45lb olympic set up

just went to the fitness depot site and getting a bunch of bumper plates and an olympic is not very expensive now

back when I put my original home gym set up together (1992) a 45lb olympic bar was $300+ just for the bar ($300 seemed like big coin back then so stayed with the standard 1" bars)....now they throw in 200+ lbs of weight plus some spring collars
    Totally agree....the cost of home gym stuff has dropped big time. Even the heavy dumbbells have come down and those use to cost a fortune.

Btw, those are some great PR’s!!

What are some of your PB's Timmy?

I haven't been doing any power lifting in a long time, but did set some personal bests in cycling last year, peak power (I use a power meter that measures the amount of force I apply to the pedals) saw an increase of over 10% year or year, 3 podiums in provincial level road races and 3 more top tens for the 6 provincial road races I entered last year (fields varied from 30-90 participants). Rode over 13,000 kms in 398 hours which was a PB for distant and hours of riding in a year. Completed my longest ride (245km) and my biggest 2 day total (405km). Highest average pace road race was in Italy, 120km, 800 metres of elevation at an average speed of 40.9km/hr. Two weeks ago I completed the fastest 40km I have ever ridden in 50:45.
    Nice - I miss cycling use to do it a lot...

...did set some personal bests in cycling last year, peak power (I use a power meter that measures the amount of force I apply to the pedals) ...
    How much HP is your bike making?

https://www.mne.psu.edu/simpson/cour.../bikecalc1.htm

I'm guessing maybe 3/4 HP?
    -Don____________

My peak power is 1456 watts (1.95hp)
    496 watts for a minute
    Sustained power max is 326 watts for 20 minutes
    308 watts for an hour

Great numbers Tim

The positive results keep on coming, lost another couple of pounds plus continue to get smaller.
    Ordering a new car target of 200 is only 17lbs away, better set up an appointment with Bill.