Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  816
Page 152 of 176 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 1752

Thread: Fat azz to lean thread.

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    All this gym talk has me pumped - I've never been one to go to a gym or lift - I did have the typical concrete York barbells during my high school years. Mainly did all my workouts outside and in pools - thru my late twenties until I was about 40 my day consisted of a minimum of 6 hour workouts integrated into my daily routine. I've slowed since but still get my exercise outdoors, aside from it being a workout, it is also fit into my daily routine and also serves as useful purpose for my family. Today was a beautiful day and I managed to spend four hours out at the wood pile. Managed to maybe get thru a bush cord in that amount of time. My favorite apparatus has always been the 8lb splitter, also like the wheel barrel. The only mechanical tool is the chain saw, but extended use is great on the forearms. Lots of climbing, lifting, swinging and power walking with a full wheel barrow. It's kind of like a resistance workout...I'm going to try and get thru this pile before it gets to warm out...winter is never going away this how I enjoy and love to be outside no matter the weather... there's always room for new members and membership is free!

Attachment 16010
    Ahh no thanks Hammerhead lol
    I’ll do plenty of exercise with my thumbs (PS4) and a beer in my warm and cozy living room

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

Quote Originally Posted by newbiestangowner View Post
    Ahh no thanks Hammerhead lol
    I’ll do plenty of exercise with my thumbs (PS4) and a beer in my warm and cozy living room

I have a few of those here (they just don't drink beer yet) - the High Commander sends them out...lol

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    ^^^ lmao - I get in trouble here too ( doesn’t matter where they are stationed, High commanders are all the same)

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

that pretty awesome - any mosquito's - it was -20 this morning but I don't miss the mosquito's yet.... soon tho - enjoy your trip!!

Little heavier....hit some doubles

https://youtu.be/xf_83bmRK6Y

lol - when I mentioned eat less - was because most people eat way more than they need - I have one pudgy kid cause she eats out of boredom - I have weakness for butter and love my eggs swimming in it - but I only have that usually on Sunday morning - and only if the High Commander whips up breakfast for me...lol - I find that eat smaller meals frequently thru the day - just enough to take the edge off and my energy levels stay up - one big meal after work slows me down - best thing is to cut out all junk food in the beginning chips pop candy baked goods limit coffee and booze and you will see results usually with that - takes a lot of time to figure out what works and to change eating habits
    This ketogenic way of eating is very interesting. Eat lots of good fats and kill the carbs (stick to eating the dark green veggies) really seems to work. And I like that I can eat all the cheese, eggs, fish and meats (non processed) I want. I've dropped almost 10 lbs. now in just over a month. It recommends sticking to 3 meals a day and killing of course all the bad snacks. Serving size is important as you mentioned as well. Whole idea is to get your energy from fat burning vs. carbs....and the latter has the extra badness of spiking your insulin/blood sugar especially in larger amounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gr8Stang View Post
    This ketogenic way of eating is very interesting. Eat lots of good fats and kill the carbs (stick to eating the dark green veggies) really seems to work. And I like that I can eat all the cheese, eggs, fish and meats (non processed) I want. I've dropped almost 10 lbs. now in just over a month. It recommends sticking to 3 meals a day and killing of course all the bad snacks. Serving size is important as you mentioned as well. Whole idea is to get your energy from fat burning vs. carbs....and the latter has the extra badness of spiking your insulin/blood sugar especially in larger amounts.
    That's excellent - I will have to look up the "ketogenic way" green vegetables are very good as well as green lettuce such a romaine, and some of the chewy bitter ones like kayle (spell check), high in protein - also orange root vegetables very good too example sweet (orange) potato, turnip, squash - I think when it comes to veggies there's really no limit - I personally was raised on a high protein diet with occasional carbs like pasta and some bread also rice....My mom said the doctor started us on protein as opposed to cereals when she stopped breast milk, cereals came much later. I did the same with my kids but something happened and they have digressed to a diet of chicken nuggets and pizza ...lol - every once in a while I tell them they need to get a lawyer and fill out a will in my name, cause I'm going to out live them the way they eat...lol(that gets them thinking every time)I remember trying to shift my diet once when I was in my thirties and at my peak - could not adjust and suffered many injuries, went back to what I was raised on...high protein diets are good but very hard to adjust to if replacing a high carb diet...keep it up man we gonna be the fittest Mustang Club in North America....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    No bugs, another reason why I’m moving to a more arid western climate.

It was cold here though, needed a puffy for the headlamp start until sun came over the ridge at about 9am, then a wind shirt for the middle pitches and puffy again up top in the high wind.
    come to think of it I remember noticing that when in Las Vegas - waay too hot for me there...I would miss winter!!

That's excellent - I will have to look up the "ketogenic way" green vegetables are very good as well as green lettuce such a romaine, and some of the chewy bitter ones like kayle (spell check), high in protein - also orange root vegetables very good too example sweet (orange) potato, turnip, squash - I think when it comes to veggies there's really no limit - I personally was raised on a high protein diet with occasional carbs like pasta and some bread also rice....My mom said the doctor started us on protein as opposed to cereals when she stopped breast milk, cereals came much later. I did the same with my kids but something happened and they have digressed to a diet of chicken nuggets and pizza ...lol - every once in a while I tell them they need to get a lawyer and fill out a will in my name, cause I'm going to out live them the way they eat...lol(that gets them thinking every time)I remember trying to shift my diet once when I was in my thirties and at my peak - could not adjust and suffered many injuries, went back to what I was raised on...high protein diets are good but very hard to adjust to if replacing a high carb diet...keep it up man we gonna be the fittest Mustang Club in North America....lol
    Definitely recommend checking it out. It is a bit controversial because it actually encourages eating high fat diet (65-75% of your calories, 20-15% Protein and 5-10% Carbs). Of course high fat diets have been historically shunned by the medical community as causing heart disease. BUT...there is plenty of growing evidence that shows its actually good for you and the real enemy is the unbelievable amount of different kinds of sugars in our diets and the affects it has on insulin levels, inflammatory processes, etc. Given the alarming rise in diabetes, I think they are onto something. I have the same discussion as you with my daughters; they eat way to much junk/fast food.

At this rate, my weight to HP ratio is really heading in the right direction.

lol on the HP ratio...easier to fit into the recaro's too!