Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  816
Page 154 of 176 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 1752

Thread: Fat azz to lean thread.

For me, typically find the more structured I try and make things the less likely I am to follow through. No doubt less efficient way to look at it though.

Down 11 lbs in the last 10 days simply by limiting calorie intake. Eating much better items including some like Zucchini Noodles which I would never have entertained in the past.

On another note at Costco recently during the social distancing thing I saw a friend that was ripped (Juice I'm sure) when I saw him last 2 years ago. He was all soft and likely 70-80lbs heavier so I asked what happened to his gym routine. His reply was comical yet honest "Well the fridge was on the way to the basement where the weights are"
    Member of the IDGAF+FU2 Community

Almost to my goal weight target for this year....almost down 40 lbs in 4 years. 11 more pounds and I will be at my goal weight. Should be there by this time next year.
    It’s hard cause I still like to enjoy life...
    Just waiting for this crap to be over so we can travel again

Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    Calorie deficit isn't easy. Whatever system you use, it needs to be sustainable.

I go in and out of intermittent fasting. According to internet experts, the benefits are proven. When doing this I eat around 7 pm. For me the toughest part of the day is 1st thing. If I can make it past breakfast time I'm good for the day. Knowing this makes it slightly easier but not by much. Hunger is hardwired in from a previous world of scarcity. Consciously choosing to be hungry in a time of abundance isn't easy. I'm lucky in being a bachelor. Having someone else in the house who isn't mirroring the calorie deficit makes it harder still. A diet dinner and low cal breakfast don't translate well to a successful dating strategy.

Calorie deficit isn't for wimps. You're not a wimp though.
    intermittent may be okay - I did one meal a day for years would work ten to fifteen hours a day running on a large DD - not because I needed to lose weight but because I thought I didn't have time to eat - years later contracted and ulcer - I wont get into the details but mainly because I didn't have any food in my stomach for the better part of a day - each day for years....never miss a meal now...lol and yah no longer as lean as the marathon days but probably where I need to be give or take a few pounds.
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Kick starting this thread again.

Uncle Buck needs to get serious. I've tried many programs and for me low carb eating worked best. Ten years ago I dropped 85 lbs on low carb. It's time to do it again. Wish me luck.

Congrats on getting started Al.
    I did the same a few weeks ago, dropped 25+ so far. Working well just cutting out the crap I'd drifted back to eating.

Dropped 98 lbs by not eating shit

Quote Originally Posted by 95GT_VERT View Post
    Dropped 98 lbs by not eating shit
    Wow, congrats man. That must be life changing.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    dropped 25+ so far. .
    Awesome! Must feel great.

Week 1 check in -7lbs.

I know it's mostly water at this stage but I'll take it.