Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  816
Page 157 of 176 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 1752

Thread: Fat azz to lean thread.

low, carb or keto might be your answer.

I'm also 60 years old, active and 178 lbs. I lost 5 through covid and it's stayed off. I'm OMAD (one meal a day) just because I'm too lazy to cook 3 meals a day. My resting HR is 50 or less, BP 110 over 60. Minimal carbs, minimal sugar. Strict diets or regimes are a recipe for failure, but a strategy of avoidance works for me. I get bloodwork done a couple times a year and especially pay attention to cholesterol and PSA

right now my heart rate is all over the map and I was unaware —this time last year it was a even beat and now there's random breaks in the beats or skips the practitioner believes a valve issue in my heart but too much info yesterday and I'm unclear to the exact area as to what she said —I will be off to the cardio for more tests —it is strange reading my pulse currently
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    right now my heart rate is all over the map and I was unaware —this time last year it was a even beat and now there's random breaks in the beats or skips the practitioner believes a valve issue in my heart but too much info yesterday and I'm unclear to the exact area as to what she said —I will be off to the cardio for more tests —it is strange reading my pulse currently
    I'm pretty sure you'll get scheduled for a heart stress test, if not, ask for one.

Smart watches are decent at monitoring heart rate. I find my high end Garmin to be accurate for daily stuff but inaccurate for elevated rates when I'm near max. When doing cardio I use a chest strap. Your max heart rate should be around 160 or so.

Atrial Fibrillation? Likely send you to be paired up with a 24 hour Holter monitor and Echocardiogram.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20350624
    Member of the IDGAF+FU2 Community

Dropped another 20 lbs since Feb. and down 180... Fasting and biking.

Such a rollercoaster ride but down 25 lbs since March. A long way to go yet to get to a happier place.
    Member of the IDGAF+FU2 Community

Took a month off to recover from a knee injury, currently at 190Ibs, 6"2 - 16% body fat - need to bring it down to 13%.
    Starting my high intensity interval training 3x week and am back to weight training at 75% of my max 5 x week.

Walking on the max incline on the treadmill is an extremely underrated exercise!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chinga View Post
    Atrial Fibrillation? Likely send you to be paired up with a 24 hour Holter monitor and Echocardiogram.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20350624
    I believe that's what's next - its scarey my pulse —it will beat four times then just stop start again for two beats then stop etc. - if I do something strenuous it will beat constantly until it slows down —best of luck with your weight lose endeavors
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd

Welcome to the world of Tachycardia.
    Do a stress test and an Echocardiogram. Had mine done a few months back, electrical impulses in my heart are fked so certain times it feels like theres someone stepping on my heart and it beats really fast and all over the place.. it then stops. Once I turn 50 I'll more than likely need a pacemaker.
    I'm super active, dont smoke, drink rarely and eat healthy most of the time yet I have this issue - its genetic most of the times. Dont stress about it, just keep an eye on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
    Welcome to the world of Tachycardia.
    Do a stress test and an Echocardiogram. Had mine done a few months back, electrical impulses in my heart are fked so certain times it feels like theres someone stepping on my heart and it beats really fast and all over the place.. it then stops. Once I turn 50 I'll more than likely need a pacemaker.
    I'm super active, dont smoke, drink rarely and eat healthy most of the time yet I have this issue - its genetic most of the times. Dont stress about it, just keep an eye on it.
    Thanks I will certainly keep an eye on it —I haven't experienced any discomfort yet.
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd