Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  816
Page 158 of 176 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 1752

Thread: Fat azz to lean thread.

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    Thanks I will certainly keep an eye on it —I haven't experienced any discomfort yet.
    No discomfort is good! Sometimes when i'm working out i'll get it and it sucks.
    In your case, nothing to be worried about.

Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
    No discomfort is good! Sometimes when i'm working out i'll get it and it sucks.
    In your case, nothing to be worried about.
    that's reassuring I've been taking time off running and was worried to start up again —seriously think I was lucky to catch this because a month or so ago I didn't have this with my pulse
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

I have arrhythmia as well. In my case, my heart skips a beat or two but it is not faster or slower than normal. Some days it occurs often, some days nothing. Doc at Sunnybrook said it was normal and to not worry about it...but I still do, lol.
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Fart View Post
    I have arrhythmia as well. In my case, my heart skips a beat or two but it is not faster or slower than normal. Some days it occurs often, some days nothing. Doc at Sunnybrook said it was normal and to not worry about it...but I still do, lol.
    That sounds like what I'm experiencing...
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd

Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
    Took a month off to recover from a knee injury, currently at 190Ibs, 6"2 - 16% body fat - need to bring it down to 13%.
    Starting my high intensity interval training 3x week and am back to weight training at 75% of my max 5 x week.

Walking on the max incline on the treadmill is an extremely underrated exercise!!
    impressive.

I outdoor stair climb on a 500', 500 step outdoor public set of stairs. I also lift in my ghetto basement gym. It's obvious to me that the majority of people I encounter on the stairs are doing it in a failing attempt at weight loss. They don't understand the basic reality that conditioning is great for fitness but not for weight loss. Between the corrupted food pyramid and fad fitness regimes it's obvious that people would rather be lied to with the promise of quick fixes and hearing what they want to to hear rather than face the reality that "fitness is made in the gym, waistline is made in the kitchen".

The majority i see are doing exercise and then rewarding themselves with a doughnut. The evidence is they're getting fatter, not fitter.

Going hungry is unpleasant, people don't like unpleasant.

reducing body fat doesn't necessarily mean losing weight —merely offsetting it with more muscle mass 190 pounds is not overly excessive to drop to 180 would take some doing and I find it ironic at the gym in Shelburne is a permanent ice cream stand...lol
    Last edited by hammerhead; 07-14-2022 at 09:58 AM.
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    reducing body fat doesn't necessarily mean losing weight —merely offsetting it with more muscle mass 190 pounds is not overly excessive to drop to 180 would take some doing and I find it ironic at the gym in Shelburne is a permanent ice cream stand...lol
    Good point on weight reduction versus composition change. I made the somewhat safe assumption that weight loss equates to fat loss, which isn't always the case. In my 20's and early 30's I was a muscular 225lbs and was built like a linebacker (my high school, Al Bundy glory position). I realized being that big was negatively affecting my functionality (but getting me laid).

I dropped close to 50 lbs of mostly muscle to revert to my swimmer body. Cheaper on groceries, easier to maintain and more functional. Also cheaper than aluminum heads and tubular K member for total vehicle weight reduction.

In any case I think it's a safe assumption for the majority of western population that weight reduction means fat reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenLips View Post

Going hungry is unpleasant, people don't like unpleasant.
    Funny how since I started fasting, I've rarely felt 'hungry'.

I do have to get back into weight training. Need to tone up some of the lumpy parts...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Snaketamer View Post

I do have to get back into weight training. Need to tone up some of the lumpy parts...lol
    I'm one meal a day and find it convenient. First thing is tough until I have my 1st coffee but then between water and coffee it's pretty easy. My +40 lb friend can't do it, nor can my GF. It's not for everyone.

To clarify, I put off meal time until 5-9pm and then eat a meal and a few snacks over about 4 hours.

Mostly giving up sugar and carbs like bread, cereal, crackers and dairy is fairly easy for me too. My GF likes pizza so I indulge on the occasional date night. I reduce, and avoid when easy and aren't a soup nazi about it. I also like whisky, so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Snaketamer View Post

My buns of steel are more like buns of spray foam now…lol
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd