Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  816
Page 172 of 176 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176 LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 1752

Thread: Fat azz to lean thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenLips View Post
    35 is a bit early for what becomes a lifelong treatment. Get annual testing so you can trend, below 400 free is where you might want to supplement. Same story with PSA. Single sample testing is a snapshot, trending is what is needed. One good indicator of low T is no longer waking up with morning wood. Being fit and lifting boosts natural T production.

Getting fat depresses T levels. Low T makes weight loss tougher. So getting fat and low T create a downward spiral. Lots of foods, soaps and other habits also depress T levels. Higher T levels make fat loss and muscle gain easier. It is possible to go on T supplementation short term (3 months) to aid in weight loss and fitness. No point if you're not lifting though. Cycling off after 3 months or so and natural production will rebound. Longer than that and you become dependant.

Obviously this is general info, results vary.

Jay Campbell is pretty authorative on the topic.
    I've suffered from lower T levels all my life. My father has very low T levels and I inherited the lovely gene.
    I'm at 430 free testosterone as of 2 weeks ago... at 37, I definitely have to start supplementing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
    I've suffered from lower T levels all my life. My father has very low T levels and I inherited the lovely gene.
    I'm at 430 free testosterone as of 2 weeks ago... at 37, I definitely have to start supplementing.
    430 is still in the green, 37 is very young. Get as fit as possible, squat and deadlift. Lifting heavy stuff increases T

Still making positive progress here.

2014 V6 MT Club of America
    IG: xeninworx

I'm offended

40 pounds weight loss. In previous posts I said that it would be my ideal weight, but there is more weight to lose. So I'll carry on and see where it will take me!
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

your ideal "fighting weight" is surprisingly low.

I'm at 6' tall 175, bodyfat in the teens, and moderately muscular/active. I'm way beyond getting in the ring but am thinking if I were to train for an MMA, or boxing I'd probably need to be high 160's to be at max fitness. Crazy considering in my football days I was 225 and pretty fit, but a lot more muscle.

what bugs me most is loose skin on my abs. I could reduce a few more for a 6 pack but all the years of having a layer and loss of collagen with age have left me with a bit of loose skin.

Morning all.
    Progress for me remains nothing but positive. Wt has levelled off at 200 but clothes continue to fit better. I don't put an ounce of faith in projected ideal wt numbers, feel it would take an unrealistic (for me) push to see me drop further, pretty damm happy where I am even happier I've been able to maintain.

I hit 172 and 18% BF. I'm not even dieting, just being super active, eating fresh veggies from my gardens daily and sticking to one meal a day. When my hydration is low I've got a 6 pack.

I am very aware of my macro's. A few years ago I spent 6-9 months on strict intermittent fasting and keto. What I learned from that was macro control. I no longer measure but simply know what to eat and how much depending on my days activity. Rest days more fats and proteins, activity days more carbs. My diet is so basic I know which veggie will produce a particular result, and how much. I haven't had fast food in eons, although my GF occasionally orders a pizza and I don't say no. She also "poisons" me with the occasional confection. I can't have temptation in the house so I do without here at home, so even when craving something out of bounds it's a monumental effort to go get it, and my inherent laziness saves me.

My athletic performance is at an all time high.