Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  816
Page 3 of 176 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Fat azz to lean thread.

Quote Originally Posted by baddbullitt View Post
    juicing is a really good way to lose weight.. I juice, however i need to get back on it because I've fallen off the wagon... You can make some really yummy stuff with juice as well.. Just don't juice a ham!!

LMFAO....and he made $50
    Waiting for spring to arrive...

Quote Originally Posted by TZWILD View Post
    As some of you may or may not know....back on Feb 16, exactly 2 months before my 43 birthday, I had a major heart attack. I'm 5' 9" and weigh 199lbs.
    (I think more muscle than fat ...meh) When I entered the hospital that day, my blood pressure was 252/157. (not a typo...normal BP is 120/80)
    So as you can imagine, I've made many lifestyle changes.
    This hits home for me. You were extremely lucky. Lost my best friend to a heart attack, he was under 40.
    I had not been into the doctors in ages, so I immediately went in for a check-up. Turns out my blood pressure was the high end of normal. Not alarming, but a couple of diet changes (watching my salt) and I brought it down to normal.

If anybody cycles or is interested in taking up road cycling, I'm always looking for people to ride with.
    -Don____________

Sterlinghorsegt
    At my lightest ever I was 149 last year in the middle if summer. I'm 5'3". I quit smoking back when I bought my Stang August of last year as a promise to myself and the wife and kids that I'd quit when I bought myself a Mustang. Well here comes Xmas and on New Year's Eve I rang in at 170. I started my diet and the gym on the 13th of January, cut out all sugars and junk. I went online and found a bmr calculator that tells you how many calories your body burns based on your age, weight and height doing absolutely nothing. I then cut 1000 calories a day between food and exercise. Burn 7000 calories a week and you loose 2 pounds. I'm down to 153.6 as of yesterday (I could've been under 150 but went to Cuba and gained back 5 pounds 6 weeks ago. Lol) I feel good and I can see some muscle coming through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Not4you View Post
    the biggest problem I seem to have is that I treat myself to KFC or BurgerKing when I am feeling down. unfortunately, with the way work has been for me lately I have been treating myself A LOT. but the worst part is that the stress from work is making me drop weight despite how I have been eating. I either need to adjust my eating to start losing weight for the right reasons. or I need a new job. either way, i'm not in the best situation lol.
    I've struggled with same thing family, work , personal and SAD , I have found that exercise and positive results will trickle down to you wanting to eat healthier . 2-3 times a year I go into my cave and don't want to come out . I am really looking forward to this and maybe having the support will be a great motivation .

I'm struggling to get back into shape. Easier said than done. Between work and feeding my Mom twice a day at the nursing home, there doesn't seem to be time. I'm at 245 lbs now and would be happy with 230. I'm typing this while having a double double and 2 old fashion plane donuts lol ( damn staff is trying to kill me ). Seeing as I have high blood pressure and will be 50 next year its about time to get my ass into gear. Any help appreciated!!!

Sterlinghorsegt
    SVOMACH1, Find out what your bmr is and eat 500 calories less than that a day based on your daily physical activity and drink tons of water. You'll lose a pound a week. If you can manage to go to a gym and burn another 500 a day or burn 300 more and eat another 200 less then you're at a total deficit of 1000 a day and you'll lose 2 pounds per week. Trust me, you'll be under 230 by May 24 weekend. It's working for me.

Biz started this last October.
    Down 67lbs as of last Friday.
    Daily workouts at 5:30am.
    30 min Cardio!
    30 min Weights!

Goal of 205 is in range and I'm almost 6'1

Sterlinghorsegt
    Water is really important so drink 4 + bottles a day. And forget everything on the Nutrition labels and look only at the calories. Don't forget drinks have calories and lots of them so take that in account. If your target is 2000 calories a day and you drink 2 beers, a couple double doubles and a coke then you've pretty much killed half of your calories for the whole day in just liquid. It all counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterlinghorsegt View Post
    SVOMACH1, Find out what your bmr is and eat 500 calories less than that a day based on your daily physical activity and drink tons of water. You'll lose a pound a week. If you can manage to go to a gym and burn another 500 a day or burn 300 more and eat another 200 less then you're at a total deficit of 1000 a day and you'll lose 2 pounds per week. Trust me, you'll be under 230 by May 24 weekend. It's working for me.

How do you find out your bmr ( and what is it ha ha )?

Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!