Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone running the glenn's performance -12 pickup tube?

TurboFox

Anyone running the glenn's performance -12 pickup tube?

The one that fits in the stock tank? I think granatelli makes one too in a smaller size but I cant seem to find much info.

Been a few years but yes have installed a couple (likely Granateli).

TurboFox
    What are your thoughts?

I don't care if I need to keep the tank above 1/2 at all times. Glenn's wants $140 to SHIP their sleeper tank so I am thinking about trying one of these instead?

Otherwise I will go with a behind bars racing aluminum tank but I was trying to get away from having a sumped set up.

Set up like that, totally functional.
    Personally, a fan of internal pumps for both reliability and quiet operation which means I'd suggest the sleeper or Cobra style tank.

Had the Vortech one {identical} in my tyurbo fox setup with an A100 external. Work with no issues. Now a days I prefer the intank setup as well. I hate loud fuel pumps. They make a Fox tank that can fit a cobra hat and triple pumps. Of find a cobra tank and just some longer bolts in the straps will work.

TurboFox
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedtospare View Post
    Had the Vortech one {identical} in my tyurbo fox setup with an A100 external. Work with no issues. Now a days I prefer the intank setup as well. I hate loud fuel pumps. They make a Fox tank that can fit a cobra hat and triple pumps. Of find a cobra tank and just some longer bolts in the straps will work.
    My a1000 is whisper quiet. Seriously you dont even notice it and my car is really quiet

TurboFox
    I've contacted glenns to ask about the crazy shipping cost.

In the meantime I have also reached out to behind bars racing to see if they can make me an aluminum tank but somehow hide the sump for an external pump set up.. Their tanks look like nice pieces.
    http://www.behindbarsracecars.com/Al...rcm8793-14.htm

Pic looks good.

TurboFox
    So just heard back from Chris at BBRC.

He is going to make me a custom tank with a hidden sump. 14 gallon aluminum tank with all the OEM provisions. Comes with tank straps and I'm going to have it powdercoated black

Shipping is $30

Total is $660

Now when looking at what Glenns has to offer.

Sleeper tank (which is just a modded stock tank) = $329
    Black tank cover = $160
    Tank straps = $129
    Shipping = $140

Total = $749

Seems like a no brainer to me..

TurboFox

This tank is awesome. Mine will have a hidden sump on the front though unlike this one, but it includes the fuel pump mount as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images