Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone running the glenn's performance -12 pickup tube?

Isn't that sweet looking.

TurboFox
    Part of me wanted to keep it polished aluminum but I am going for the stealth look.

Can't loose either way.

Silver LX
    I run one with the 10/8 with a Weldon pump. never had an issue with it or fuel supply.

What's the point of the sump on the front? Is the fuel going to be rushed to the rear of the tank?
    "Without Warning, Without Conscience"

TurboFox
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver LX View Post
    I run one with the 10/8 with a Weldon pump. never had an issue with it or fuel supply.
    Didnt you have major issues with the aeromotive pumps? Possible related to that pickup...

TurboFox
    Quote Originally Posted by Intmdtr View Post
    What's the point of the sump on the front? Is the fuel going to be rushed to the rear of the tank?
    Its hidden...and it actually picks up the fuel from the back stll

Silver LX
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboFox View Post
    Didnt you have major issues with the aeromotive pumps? Possible related to that pickup...
    To Aeromotive's defense- that was not the issue. It was a bad intake gasket that caused me all my gremlins. The only issue I had with the aermotive pump itself, is that they overheat on the street. I now use the Weldon 1100A with no issues and the glens performance pick up. Lidio from Alternative auto swears by these picks and uses them himself on his yellow car.

TurboFox
    See ive had nothing but luck with my a1000 (knock on wood). Literally sat in traffic for 4 hours at woodward. Even pulling into mustang alley the car idled for an hour.

I spoke with an aeromotive tech at a show and they said one of the big issues is that people dont run a -12 from sump to pump. After that you can run whatever size you want but i guess the pump is much happier when it is fed -12.

Silver LX
    I know with a pick up- lidio runs a 12/10 pick up. He runs 12 from pick up to pump, 10 feed and 8 return. This is on the turbo car.

He use to run the 10/8 pick up. 10 to pump, 8 feed and 6 return.

My car was up there when it had gremlins and we talked in great length about fuel.

I do hear some say they have good luck with aeromotive- but others don't I guess. I agree- venting is important as well.