Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help with etest fail

b1lk1
    Thanks for the advice/support I can't wait to drive it when the snow melts!

Let us know how u make out

My pre-turbo combo had long tubes with catted X-pipe, heads, intake with B cam and it passed easy with 7* timing, 180 T-Stat, fresh fuel and making sure she was hot. Good luck!

B cam = pull timing and lower fuel pressure. Pass etest with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by BOOOSTD View Post
    My pre-turbo combo had long tubes with catted X-pipe, heads, intake with B cam and it passed easy with 7* timing, 180 T-Stat, fresh fuel and making sure she was hot. Good luck!
    Forgot to mention that I bumped the idle up too; was as close to limit as possible

b1lk1
    1250rpm is the limit, figured I was pushing it at 1100, just in case it finds a new idle when I show up like these cars seem to do, lol.

Slope
    Quote Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
    just in case it finds a new idle when I show up like these cars seem to do when the Base Idle is set improperly
    10-4.

Closer to the limit the better.
    Sadly, all too many discount how important base idle and TPS set up is to how well it runs n drives.

b1lk1
    My real problem is that I have nearly 0 experience with the 5.0 and fuel injection. All the hotrods I've built in the last 25 years have been carbed, and I haven't kept up on tech. I can't say I followed any procedure to set the TPS, but the person I got the setup from did so I assumed it was good. The only thing I changed in the entire motor was the cam and lifters. I did have 24# injectors in it before switching to proper 19#ers and I have never cleared the computer since the first time I started the engine 2 years ago. I can take any car apart and get it back together without a sweat, but don't ask me how things work, lol.

b1lk1
    Got my woodstove working in my garage, FINALLY (2 weeks ago)! Got to do some work to the car, did the idle relearn and such and added some actual LX tailpipes. Once I get some fresh gas in there and put a few miles on it I feel confident, even my wife noticed the exhaust smelled like stale gas.

Quick video of idle, sounds so much better than last year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hut-U0ws1Bs