Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Help with etest fail

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    ^ We'll have to agree to disagree, siding with Slope on this one.
    To me the ideal set up would be a 190deg stat with an thermostatically controlled oil cooler to ensure constant (as constant as possible) temps + ability to keep temps from climbing. You'll find most run a cooler stat because the cooling system alone isn't able to control max temp under a wide range of driving conditions and outside temps. In this instance, engine spends far too much time running at temps that don't bring oil temps up correctly plus keep the computer bouncing things from open to closed loop which in turn makes for utterly filthy engine internals.
    No problem bro.. I was simply stating that the factory setting are for reaching emission standard at the time.. Nothing to do with power.

Quote Originally Posted by Slope View Post
    Leave the 1.7 rockers and put the stock cam in it. You will pick up HP/TQ and most of all, driveability.

192 or 195 thermostat.
    Your saying a stock cam with 1.7 rockers will make more HP than B cam with 1.7's?

Correct engine temp certainly revolves around emissions but it's just as important to engine health and longevity. Allow it to run too cool, build up of carbon in the cylinders and crud in the oil will ruin an otherwise healthy engine in relatively short order. The old skool hot rod thinking that anything over 180deg is bad for an engine could not be further from the truth. On the flip side, due to huge improvements in engine management, some later models vehicles run cooler vs one of say 10 or so years ago.

Slope
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedtospare View Post
    Your saying a stock cam with 1.7 rockers will make more HP than B cam with 1.7's?
    Average + "below the curve" HP/TQ on E7/GT40 Irons, 100%

I'll supply a Fel-Pro timing cover gasket kit for anyone who wants to test the theory.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Correct engine temp certainly revolves around emissions but it's just as important to engine health and longevity. Allow it to run too cool, build up of carbon in the cylinders and crud in the oil will ruin an otherwise healthy engine in relatively short order. The old skool hot rod thinking that anything over 180deg is bad for an engine could not be further from the truth. On the flip side, due to huge improvements in engine management, some later models vehicles run cooler vs one of say 10 or so years ago.
    The op asked for etest help. All i stated is that the factory has to meet emission standard and warranting the vehicle at the same time.. Has for more power the longevity of any motor will be shortened has hp climbs..

Quote Originally Posted by Slope View Post
    Average + "below the curve" HP/TQ on E7/GT40 Irons, 100%

I'll supply a Fel-Pro timing cover gasket kit for anyone who wants to test the theory.
    I got lots of gaskets bro.. I'll supply the beer and pizza you the labour..

Slope
    Quote Originally Posted by onDjuice View Post
    I got lots of gaskets bro.. I'll supply the beer and pizza you the labour..
    Great.

Who foots the Dyno time + fluids/shop supplies?