Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Replacement steering wheel...

Only takes a quickie research of the above to see this seems to be the guy that puts everyone else to shame. Prices seem well in line as well.

He's near Detroit and saw a post on the vette site saying $175

Yes saw the same.

Maybe it's sounds weird but I found that upgrading the steering wheel in my 95 enhanced the driving experience as much or more than any other mod I did. It just made the car so much nicer to drive.

I'm not really a fan of custom steering wheels but I really like tasteful upgrades that make the wheel what it ought to have been from the manufacturer. Money well spent if done right.

I originally bought the FR500 steering just because it was something I didn't have and it was priced very reasonable. After mounting and only a short drive, could not imagine going back to stock. So far the wheel has been in my 2000 GT and both of my Cobra coupes.

Slope
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Buck View Post
    Maybe it's sounds weird but I found that upgrading the steering wheel in my 95 enhanced the driving experience as much or more than any other mod I did. It just made the car so much nicer to drive.
    Kinda like driving a Fox with the "Aerostar" steering wheel. Getting in one without the leather wrap, it is immediately noticeable and just doesn't feel right.

KIDAGIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Buck View Post

I'm not really a fan of custom steering wheels but I really like tasteful upgrades that make the wheel what it ought to have been from the manufacturer. Money well spent if done right.
    I found the same thing when I upgraded my steering wheel the the Grant Wheel

The very first upgrade I did to my 87 LX back in the day was a Ford Motorsport leather wheel to replace the awful foam 2-spoke thing that came stock. It was the same as the 3-spoke SVO wheel, but with a Ford Motorsport logo instead of the SVO logo on the horn pad. Beautiful feel to the leather, size was perfect, and the colour matched great. It made driving that car much nicer, I can't imagine what it would have been like on-track with the stock wheel.

cheers
    Ed
    12 GT500 coupe
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

So maybe we start a post for a potential interest into a group buy? I can do the leg work required if need be.
    "Without Warning, Without Conscience"

Quote Originally Posted by fast Ed View Post
    The very first upgrade I did to my 87 LX back in the day was a Ford Motorsport leather wheel to replace the awful foam 2-spoke thing that came stock. It was the same as the 3-spoke SVO wheel, but with a Ford Motorsport logo instead of the SVO logo on the horn pad. Beautiful feel to the leather, size was perfect, and the colour matched great. It made driving that car much nicer, I can't imagine what it would have been like on-track with the stock wheel.

cheers
    Ed
    Similar to this Ed?..

[IMG][/IMG]
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!