Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Going even lower.... Need some input please.

Roushcharged

Going even lower.... Need some input please.

As some of you may know I was gifted a set of H&R Super Sport springs to replace the Sport springs I have now. Haven't been pleased with the drop of the Sports so next logical choice was the Super Sport. With the car going even lower I've invested in a set of Steeda LCA and will be purchasing LCA relocation brackets as well. Now with that out of the way an opportunity has butted its ugly head at me again!! The person I've purchased the LCA from also has a Steeda Adjustable UCA. Now from what he tells me its to align the rear end. I don't plan on tracking the car much, but I do want to know if this is money well spent? Should I be buying the UCA? Thanks in advance.

Probably not required for your intended usage. Stock one on my 07 gets the job done, even with fairly intense track usage sometimes. Do you already have an adjustable panhard bar? If not, budget for one of those for sure to centre the rear axle under the car properly.

cheers
    Ed
    12 GT500 coupe
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Roushcharged
    Thanks Ed, Adjustable panhard bar was installed when I had the Sport springs installed.

I'm with Ed. I've got the Steeds Sports, Steeda LCAs, BMR relocation brackets and adjustable panhard bar and it all works well together. I think the most important item for your new set up will be the LCA relocation brackets. ZR posted a really good link about this, as soon as I find it, I'll post it here.

I know it's sort of off topic, but i'd seriously consider a good set of struts to control those spring!

Roushcharged
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick_89_Hatch View Post
    I know it's sort of off topic, but i'd seriously consider a good set of struts to control those spring!
    On the radar Norm.....

tulowd
    Quote Originally Posted by allicedout View Post
    As some of you may know I was gifted a set of H&R Super Sport springs to replace the Sport springs I have now. Haven't been pleased with the drop of the Sports so next logical choice was the Super Sport. With the car going even lower I've invested in a set of Steeda LCA and will be purchasing LCA relocation brackets as well. Now with that out of the way an opportunity has butted its ugly head at me again!! The person I've purchased the LCA from also has a Steeda Adjustable UCA. Now from what he tells me its to align the rear end. I don't plan on tracking the car much, but I do want to know if this is money well spent? Should I be buying the UCA? Thanks in advance.

Having easily adjustable ride height is a really good thing, especially if you plan on carrying rear seat passengers, installing big subwoofer /sound system or relocating the battery to the trunk.

Wish I had bought adjustable arms way back when; now I'm looking for adjustable spring perches for my Fox, cause I cant od coilovers and I don't wanna spend $500 on MM arms. I have always played with ride height on my Foxes and other cars, springs in and out a bunch of times - cranking the adjuster would sure be easier.

TheMustangShow
    Yes, the stock UCA is a joke made of stamped steel, the Steeda part is a marked improvement.

No adjustable option since the rear spring does not sit on the lower arms.
    I'd think your fine with the stock upper arm, only the odd very low one runs into a vibration issue.
    Steeda's lower arms are pretty dam decent.
    None of the lower relocation brackets we've installed to date fit correctly out of the box. All require a shim or shims otherwise brackets end up bent when you snug up the lower arm bolts.

I installed the BMR Lower relocation brackets on Toxix's car and no issues at all. They fit perfect out of the box. I still need to install my Steeda UCA.