Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: opinions on summer performance tires...what you using?

The NT05 works pretty decent, the better the car the better they work.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Make mine a vote for Nitto 555.
    Running 315 on 10.5's and 275 on 9" fronts.
    Same here.

And as Tulowd said ... the RA1 is a track tire.
    BECAUSE RACECAR

TurboFox
    I have hankook rs3 on my car right now.

They seem like a decent tire but they dont hold too good at my power level. That being said, i do notice they get stickier with some heat in them.

Ive had several sets of 555s and 555r and they were always decent

NT05 are a decent compromise for the street and occasional auto-X / track duty. Just don't expect much grip on colder days, or in the wet once the tread depth is down a bit. Bridgestone has their RE-11 extreme performance street tire, which has better street manners than the NT05, and more wet grip. They also have a new RE-71R coming, which has a similar tread pattern (or lack thereof) to the latest Dunlop Direzza Star Spec. On my 95 SHO I had the first gen Star Specs, they were phenomenal performers on a wet or dry on track, but a bit hard and loud on the street.

cheers
    Ed
    12 GT500 coupe
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Another vote for Nitto555s. 255 on my 8.5" wide Bullitts.

If your on a budget like i was this past summer look at Nankang NS2R. I was leery about buy them and there biggest in 18" was 255. I run a 255/35/18 on a 9" rim and they fit dead square. They are not the best in really bad rain but in dry and light rain they grip like crazy. I'm actually impressed. There soft and only have 180 tread wear but oh boy do they grip. Top top it off they were super cheap. I was under 260 taxes in for a pair. Cool tread pattern

Last edited by Speedtospare; 02-27-2015 at 10:20 AM.

The Nankangs are available in 255/40R17, I think that's the largest 17" size that they offer. I've heard similar feedback to what Ryan has offered.

cheers
    Ed

The falkin 615k. Is another great dot tire. Great alternative to the NT01s. Which are a great tire as well. I have had both and have zero complaints. Do exactly as adverstised.

mazzon
    I have nitto NT555's on my stang... they hook pretty good on the street.

I ended up buying mine off walmart in the US, and drove down to pick them up. Cost me $129 a tire for a 275/55/18 i believe compared to a whopping $350 each that KalTire wanted.

The 555 is another one that works fairly well, as long as the temps are above 50ish F. The PO of my 07 had a set of them on the car a few years back, I remember driving it at Shannonville on a very cool fall day, and the lack of grip made it pretty awful to drive. So anyone running these tires would just have to be cautious with them early or late in the season in the cooler weather.

cheers
    Ed