Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Just got my Clutch installed... Bit of issue. 2005 Mustang GT 4.6L

Let's not panic until we hook at and take if for a drive.
    Gimme a shout tomorrow as planned.

Monera3v
    10-4 Rick!

Monera3v
    Guess who just spent a portion of his tax return!
    <--- This guy

So after all seem to have failed and car refuses to shift into gear now.... I called up Joe, Awesome guy! Only 2 of the nicest mechanic Ive meet since I moved to toronto.
    Joe introduced me to the crew down at the shop and gave me a nice tour of the facility. It was pretty cool, we was just talking about how I have never seen a s550 and here at the end of the shop he has one sitting there.!

Well got a whole new list of parts from Joe at a pretty great price
    Centerforce dual friction clutch
    New FRPP hardware kit
    Brand new O.E hydraulic release bearing
    And a Use flywheel already machined

All parts should be ready by tomorrow!
    Cost price 1543.

Can't afford down time with my logistics business, gotta get her done right now!

IMG_20150319_141957.jpg

Ouch, sucks to do it twice. Glad your back up and running. Enjoy it.

Monera3v
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray721 View Post
    Ouch, sucks to do it twice. Glad your back up and running. Enjoy it.
    Well not up and running yet. Gotta swing by Mr Ricks place and have him take care of her.
    Well, the last shop admitted they messed up the install, gave me back my money and wanted nothing more to do with it.. They started at 12 and finished at 7 (shop closes at 5) I basically went for launch at 2 so I guess the following all happened while i was away;
    So they admitted of using a disk wheel and sand paper to "surface" my flywheel and broke a bolt in the flywheel and attempted to use a bolt and nut to fix that.. that would explain the vibration...
    and 1 of 2 support bolt snapped when they tried removing the old shifter. so they drilled a hole and drop a nut and bolt to support it.

Never again Am I bringing a car to anyone but Rick or Dasilva

Quote Originally Posted by monera96 View Post
    Well not up and running yet. Gotta swing by Mr Ricks place and have him take care of her.
    Well, the last shop admitted they messed up the install, gave me back my money and wanted nothing more to do with it.. They started at 12 and finished at 7 (shop closes at 5) I basically went for launch at 2 so I guess the following all happened while i was away;
    So they admitted of using a disk wheel and sand paper to "surface" my flywheel and broke a bolt in the flywheel and attempted to use a bolt and nut to fix that.. that would explain the vibration...
    and 1 of 2 support bolt snapped when they tried removing the old shifter. so they drilled a hole and drop a nut and bolt to support it.

Oh my god! What the hell kind of micky mouse shop was this. Sorry to hear how badly your car got butchered up. Between Rick and Joe, you'll be taken care of.
    Follow me on Instagram @ray721_14gt for car pics and general shenanigans

Because Rayscar!!!!

TurboFox
    A nut on the back of the flywheel lol

KIDAGIN
    Quote Originally Posted by monera96 View Post

That sucks big time.
    With Rick or Dasilvas as Allstate says your in good hands.
    I never go anywhere else.

Monera3v
    Quote Originally Posted by KIDAGIN View Post
    That sucks big time.
    With Rick or Dasilvas as Allstate says your in good hands.
    I never go anywhere else.
    Indeed, I have learn my lesson!

First time ever getting a transmission job done.... And obviously got burned. Oh well we all learn one day. Last thing I wanted was to get this car butchered after the 96 I purchased in toronto, that was completely rotted to bits...

As long as we don't repeat our mistake then lesson learned . I've been down that road too buddy .