Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  3
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Dash Cams

Mustang Occasionally
    Anyway, I'm sick of looking for one of these and the price was right (reviews seem good), so I just ordered the Dash Cam 2.

http://www.canadacomputers.com/produ...item_id=061294

Looking forward to hearing your review. My wife would like a dashcam, but doesn't want to spend the coin on the Blackvue
    -Don____________

Wyld
    If a group buy happens let me know. I would take the blackvue with wifi.

While talking to Reon at the DaSilva booth I noticed a camera on the counter. Not a dash cam per se, but more of an action cam, like a Go-pro. It's called the WASPcam. A very good price point and according to their website, WASPcam is Canadian. It might be worth a look.

www.waspcam.co

Looks good but it doesn't seem to have over-writing recording?
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruter View Post
    Looks good but it doesn't seem to have over-writing recording?
    Plus the Blackvue does intervals of 1,2 or 3 min recordings so its easier to find what you need.
    Also has event recording so when your parked if it detects movement or if your car gets hit it will start recording.

yeah, they are different animals. Blackvue is a true dashcam where the Wasp and GoPro and others are more just for shooting specific videos. I was looking at the Wasp options at the show too but found that the less expensive ones did not adjust to light changes (like the gen 1 GoPro's) so really not that good for most applications where you drive in and out of shadows.

12vGuy
    Wasp just released a new version with LCD wrist remote. Great reviews.
    It is a Canadian company distributing here but have found the unit branded under different names on the net. Tiger had a HP version for a bit.

+1 on blackvue.

So small that even your mechanic wouldn't notice it when he does a road test when you're not around. Car is a C300, with 7-speed auto.

Note: Went in for a warranty work and issues with squeaky accelerator during stop and go rush hour traffic. As well as noisy brakes when cold or when backing out of driveway. Cam does warn you in a clear audio voice when it's recording and when it turns off.

Note: listen to his comment @ 30 seconds when he couldn't reproduce the issues.

Cobra
    Quote Originally Posted by hoofbeat View Post
    +1 on blackvue.

So small that even your mechanic wouldn't notice it when he does a road test when you're not around. Car is a C300, with 7-speed auto.

Note: Went in for a warranty work and issues with squeaky accelerator during stop and go rush hour traffic. As well as noisy brakes when cold or when backing out of driveway. Cam does warn you in a clear audio voice when it's recording and when it turns off.

Note: listen to his comment @ 30 seconds when he couldn't reproduce the issues.
    That is hilarious .....