Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Suspension upgrading

b1lk1
    Have yet to bottom out, drove the back roads back to Lindsay, on the rough sections my kidneys took a helluva beating, lol. Do you think I am too low for enough suspension movement? I need to change out the rear axle bump stop, almost riding on the stock rubber one. I also am trying to squeeze a pair of struts into this month's budget, although kinda tough as my van also needed a complete front brake job.

tulowd
    bet you be ridin on the pinion snubber, son

b1lk1
    I can slide my pinky between it, was not my intention to make it this low, the springs I bought (used) were not quite what I expected. Just trying to live with them, need struts worse.

tulowd
    Quote Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
    I can slide my pinky between it, was not my intention to make it this low, the springs I bought (used) were not quite what I expected. Just trying to live with them, need struts worse.
    I assume that's without the car moving or you sitting in the drivers seat. Replace the OEM snubber rubber (that rhymes, lol) with the smaller Maximum Motorsport piece - it just bolts onto the factory snubber frame from behind. That will give you a little extra clearance. Do you have new (poly) spring isolators? Those are worth about 1/4" or more in ride height vs the worn out rubber ones.

TurboFox
    Looks like a nice car tho

b1lk1
    Yeah, new poly isolators installed. I have a new pinion snubber on the way. Thanks TurboFox, it's still a work in progress, trying to wrap up all mechanical issues then it'll be time for bodywork. Hard to see from that pic, but the driver's rear quarter needs some serious love.

Same guy I got the rims/tires from has a complete rear disc setup that I'll be buying next month after he does his 5 lug conversion.

Other good thing is that I hung one of my mufflers crooked and when we were installing the rims/tires at my buddies shop his OCD kicked in and he cut it off and fixed it, lol.

With stocker in there, no doubt it's doing a whole lotta pounding on the floor, def needs the shorter version.
    If the plan is to remain that low, lower end shock n struts will not hold up in the long run.

b1lk1
    I can't live with it this low, gonna start looking into springs. I gotta save up for the rear disc conversion too, trying to get this all done for June 2nd is a biatch, lol.

nice looking car!

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    What has GR been talking about non-stop for the last 2 months? Changes the conversation to it no matter what subject you are trying to talk about, LOL.

b1lk1
    Thanks! It is a 20 footer, needs lots of love in the body, especially that driver's rear quarter, it is rotted on the bottom following hte tailpipe, although lucky for me the backside is in good shape, some sheet metal will be all I need. I think red hides flaws the best, lol. Those rims and tires really made the car, probably double the value too, now it's worth 1/2 what I got into it, lol.