Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Suspension upgrading

b1lk1
    In your honest opinions, will I have enough wheel travel for this car to effectively run a road course type track? Take into consideration I am a complete rookie and will be driving within my skills, but I am torn on what to upgrade next, springs and struts/shocks or a rear disc brake conversion. I have a whole conversion with all new parts for rear disc waiting for me at the first of May for roughly $600 (also includes all Hawk pads and new front drilled rotors). I gotta have it all wrapped up by June 2nd for Mosport, don't think there is any more money to squeeze out of my budget after the brakes.

I do have a proper pinion snubber coming as well as rack limiters. Just ordered those along with new pushrods to get rid of the engine tick. Spent $1300 on the car last month, wife is getting anxious, lol.

tulowd
    if you drive hard at TMP you will need to replace your brake fluid, pads and discs afterwards at the very least. If you have some self control you can drive any car on a road course and have lots of fun and learn something.

Quote Originally Posted by tulowd View Post
    if you drive hard at TMP you will need to replace your brake fluid, pads and discs afterwards at the very least. If you have some self control you can drive any car on a road course and have lots of fun and learn something.
    I plan to brake with my T5
    '88 LX

b1lk1
    Quote Originally Posted by hsousa88 View Post
    I plan to brake with my T5
    I just hope I don't break my T5, lol.

To break the T5... or to brake with the T5.. I can imagine 1 of those will be easy if need be.
    '88 LX

tulowd
    in that case you will be installing a clutch and flywheel assembly afterwards, assuming you don't spin out and hit anything when the rears lock up; lol

b1lk1
    I won't be doing alot of engine braking myself, my transmission is not in the best of shape, around 180KMPH it starts making really bad noises, lol. These cars are endless money pits........

Quote Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
    I won't be doing alot of engine braking myself, my transmission is not in the best of shape, around 180KMPH it starts making really bad noises, lol. These cars are endless money pits........
    180? I didnt know they went that fast
    '88 LX

Personally if you only have money to do the brakes or suspension, do the brakes!!!! Brake upgrade is one of the best mods for a fox body mustang. You will not regret it. Then build the suspension afterwards starting with better springs. That car is low and cornering hard I wouldn't be surprised is the tires will rub. A really good thing to do is have someone experienced have a good look over the car. Its good for your safety and everyone else as specially if you want to take it on the track. Great car
    Saleen 89-373....long gone....!!

b1lk1
    Quote Originally Posted by hsousa88 View Post
    180? I didnt know they went that fast
    It's the B-cam man!

Anyhow, not worried about safety, I've been a mechanic off and on the last 27 years, got all the tools needed to do anything to the car. Just wondering out loud if I need springs right away to get it to corner properly, not happy with current springs other than the fact I own them.