Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Value of a t-56 set up

WHRDUGO

Value of a t-56 set up

Thinking of upgrading my trans to a magnum if there is any value left in my factory unit. I would let everything from the alum flywheel and clutch to the out put shaft. trans only has 28 000 kms on it and has a new mgw sitting on top.

Any idea what this set up from a 03 cobra would be worth as a package? never looked in to the value of these in the past.

I'll buy the MGW from you.

FWIW its worth I paid $500 USD for my t56 and flywheel combo. So probably 750-1000 would be my guess on range.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

WHRDUGO
    That's all they are worth. ... Damn not worth selling it then. I got more than double that on my c4. Even my new clutch set up doubles that value And I still don't have all the pieces to finish the job.

if you consider selling, please let me know.....
    "Without Warning, Without Conscience"

I would consider buy it as a package. For an older 5.0 swap I would have no use for bell housing or flywheel. But take it

I have a magnum in my cobra with a quicktime bell (those are awesome btw straight and near perfect IMO), it is a nice unit.
    You could upgrade your existing to magnum specs but the cost just buy a new one

Last two I bought, paid $1200 for one, $1400 for the second. Both low mileage zero issues.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Last two I bought, paid $1200 for one, $1400 for the second. Both low mileage zero issues.
    T-56's have gone up in price. I paid 1300 for mine 16,000 mile trans (included drive shaft). Chev T-56's are going for 200+, Ford T-56's are going for $1500ish.
    Last edited by Speedtospare; 03-21-2015 at 11:06 PM.

WTF, guess I got a deal. My 20,000 mile unit was $500 all in and had two shifter setups, the cobra flywheel, the boot and hardware, stock clutch and cables.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Smokin deal for sure.

tulowd
    Huge dineros to do a T5 to T56 Magnum in a Fox; if you buy everything new, it will cost over $ 6000 without labour; minus what you sell your old stuff for.

The Magnum Trans is $ 3000 USD alone. Will also need a 26 spline clutch disc/ setup since that is one of the key areas of improvement over the standard T56 and why the Magnum is rated at 700 lb ft.