Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  13
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: S197 guys , what exhaust set-up ya running ?

Lol!
    ~Scott B

Idk if he would want me posting some of the other comments but look forward to him chiming in , pissed myself laughing
    Last edited by Screw; 04-14-2015 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Figurative not actually

Monera3v
    So god did not know what sound thunder to make...
    So outlaws were created...
    People ducking for cover at underpasses due to backfire pops
    Old people shaking fist at me.
    Honda's asking me to rev for them wherever I go..
    The idle on it is pretty loud! lol, I can't image what some Detroit or Hot rod cam would do to it... Thank god I did not buy those high flow cats LOL

Quote Originally Posted by monera96 View Post
    So god did not know what sound thunder to make...
    So outlaws were created...
    People ducking for cover at underpasses due to backfire pops
    Old people shaking fist at me.
    Honda's asking me to rev for them wherever I go..
    The idle on it is pretty loud! lol, I can't image what some Detroit or Hot rod cam would do to it... Thank god I did not buy those high flow cats LOL
    likely afterburn, not backfire...

sounds like you like them though!

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    What has GR been talking about non-stop for the last 2 months? Changes the conversation to it no matter what subject you are trying to talk about, LOL.

good to hear your enjoying them

Monera3v
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    likely afterburn, not backfire...

sounds like you like them though!
    Indeed, but at 2000 RPM the drone is pretty BAD I rather drive 120 in 4th @ 3000rpm then 2000 rpm at 100km/h in 5th.

Would resonator help reduce the drone? but keep the beast roaring at 3k rpm and above?

I think someone mentioned it would reduce , the guy we bought the car from had installed dynamat from front to back so it was tolerable .

Indeed, but at 2000 RPM the drone is pretty BAD I rather drive 120 in 4th @ 3000rpm then 2000 rpm at 100km/h in 5th.

Would resonator help reduce the drone? but keep the beast roaring at 3k rpm and above?
    the outlaws are a straight thru correct? from what I've read when them first came out...I have yet to them in person though, I'm surprised there is so much drone...usually that's a chambered Muff tribute...now I'm talking new edge mustangs here maybe it's different on the 197's with the exhaust being so far back?

what is the rest of your exhaust set up?

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    What has GR been talking about non-stop for the last 2 months? Changes the conversation to it no matter what subject you are trying to talk about, LOL.

Monera3v
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    the outlaws are a straight thru correct? from what I've read when them first came out...I have yet to them in person though, I'm surprised there is so much drone...usually that's a chambered Muff tribute...now I'm talking new edge mustangs here maybe it's different on the 197's with the exhaust being so far back?

what is the rest of your exhaust set up?
    manifold to cats , cats to h pipe, h pipe to pipes over the axles, melded onto the outlaws.

Previously had manaflows on them.

manifold to cats , cats to h pipe, h pipe to pipes over the axles, melded onto the outlaws.

Previously had manaflows on them.
    hmmm, yeah doesn't really sound like there is much you can do exhaust wise to fix the drone your not liking...your pretty much restricted up as much as your going to get without adding shit to it and I don't think you want to start messing with that anyways...