Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: help..msd 8693 shift light install

HyperGT
    Its a good question Chris, I also wonder if i could not just hook up the green wire to the green wire on the coil and not use the GMR. There is not much published about this that i can find. On Corral and the MSD site and honestly most folks use an MSD box with the Tach/shiftlight port.
    I may just wait and buy a box as a new GMR is over $90 to my door, a good 1/3 of a 6al box, especially considering this one is already kaput and is new.

If it's indeed kaput, might want to consider a Raptor. In my experience, have been 100% reliable.

HyperGT
    Only the GMR is kaput Rick (I hope) , i JUST bought the shift light, but have heard good things about the raptor.

Bites when something is DOA, hopefully you get fixed up.

HyperGT
    thanks chief. Although recent posts put it all in perspective.

Haven't we all been guilty of feeling a lil too sorry for ourselves only to be shocked back to reality.

B-blown
    I hooked up my MSD 8693 and I bought my shiftlight used and it didn`t have the GMR ... I bought a new one and hooked it up using the neg trigger wire on the coil and it worked absolutely perfect ...the only issue I have is that one of the little rubber buttons for programming is missing so its a bit of a pain to reprogram it every spring when I put battery back in

HyperGT
    hey thanks!! so you mean the green wire on the coil to the green on the shift light, then red to 12v power source and black to separate ground??

Green would be neg trigger your looking for.

HyperGT
    OK will give it a try today if after i spend some more time with the kiddies.