Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 1995 Mustang Charcoal canister hook up

1995 Mustang Charcoal canister hook up

anyone with a torn apart 95 that can tell me what hoses go where on the charcoal canister? obviously there Gas tank vent hooks into it, and the purge soliniod line that comes from the plenum also goes to it but i cant find anything that tells me which lines go where.

shoot me a pm with your e-mail addy.
    i'll send you everything i have. ...diagrams, pics, etc.
    -Don____________

So what i can Gather is that the fumes from the gas tank and engine get sent into the Canister, cycled through whatever is inside the box and then vented back into the atmosphere? It doesnt appear to matter what line goes where on the canister, however i noticed there are 2 different sized ports.

No, if you follow the arrows on the diagram: the line from the fuel tank (small tube) goes into the canister, then out the other side (large tube), thru the solenoid, then into the intake.

^^^labels are a bit misleading. Should be "from gas tank", "to upper intake".
    -Don____________

my canister looks different then what your showing here. Mine has spot for 3 hoses.. 1 small, one slightly larger then the first and then a larger hose off the top.images.jpg

the two larger holes have 2 are T'd together to turn into one large tube.

Zebra.jpg

In this picture you can see the 2 rubber hoses off the top that connect into one and then it travels to the front and it looks like into the frame rail. This is what i was assuming is the fresh air vent, and then the other 2 ports are for the the gas tank vent line and then the other is for the vacuum line to the engine with the Purge solenoid
    Attached Images Attached Images