Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  14
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Cayuga track map...

Quote Originally Posted by Styrofoam04 View Post
    ^^^ I guess that happend?!

Thanks Matt, I'll stay in 3rd there. What about Shifting to second before 10? and drive through to the straight?
    do you mean shifting to "3rd" before 10?

if so, then yes this is a good option again, until you get more comfy with shifting...it's pretty tight going from 3rd down to 2nd between turn 10-11

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    What has GR been talking about non-stop for the last 2 months? Changes the conversation to it no matter what subject you are trying to talk about, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Amsoil Guy View Post
    So what I read here is....... Automagic FTW!
    Sure, what colour nylons are you wearing under those pants anyway? LOL
    12 GT500 coupe
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Sorry I might be confused on the turn numbers some show 7a and 7b others 7 and 8 so I'll repost this to help me.

So I'll stay in 3rd all through turn 2 to 8. untill I feel more comfortable going from 3rd to 2nd. (Thanks Matt and Don)

In the mean time I'd like to try some where more safe and Im thinking downshifting to 2nd between 9-10 and stay in second until after 13.
    I find my RPM's drop to 1900 coming out of turn 10 on 3rd gear and slugish to get out.

Or should I just do it 8-9 like you do in the video? and stay until the straight.

Again Thanks for the help
    Joel,

Quote Originally Posted by Styrofoam04 View Post
    Sorry I might be confused on the turn numbers some show 7a and 7b others 7 and 8 so I'll repost this to help me.

So I'll stay in 3rd all through turn 2 to 8. untill I feel more comfortable going from 3rd to 2nd. (Thanks Matt and Don)

In the mean time I'd like to try some where more safe and Im thinking downshifting to 2nd between 9-10 and stay in second until after 13.
    I find my RPM's drop to 1900 coming out of turn 10 on 3rd gear and slugish to get out.

Or should I just do it 8-9 like you do in the video? and stay until the straight.

Again Thanks for the help
    your probably better to DS between 8-9 BUT...only if you feel comfortable there as you don't have much time after coming through the little chicane...

you could wait till after the left hander (turn 9) I just think it might feel unnatural there, however...might work out great, until your actually on the track it's hard to speculate what might work better for you, your car and it's RPM range...

lol, that probably wasn't much help but...I guess I'm just saying, try both and see what fits better within your comfort zone

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    What has GR been talking about non-stop for the last 2 months? Changes the conversation to it no matter what subject you are trying to talk about, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    lol, that probably wasn't much help but...I guess I'm just saying, try both and see what fits better within your comfort zone
    Cool I like that.... and since I'm slower then Don pulling Grocery cart.. I think I will have tons of time .lol
    Joel,

^^^haha

-Don____________

^^ too funny
    Joel,

another thing to consider. downshifting when the car is going straight and neutral balanced is key when you are getting used to it. Between T9-T10 looks straight, but since it is a relatively short space, and you'll likely be traversing the track from 9-Exit to 10-Entry (right to left side of that short straight part of the track) your car will be only flat for a split second as weight transfers from the right side to the left. You could fit in a downshift under braking for T10, but this is a fairly slow part of the track so the brake zone is very brief. As GR has said, the ideal place to get the downshift done is between T8-T9 as soon as you clear the chicane, but this is pretty high risk moment IMO.

honestly, all of these scenarios and decisions will be nearly entirely based on the driver's ability to rev match during threshold braking (aka: heel/toe). if that's a non-issue, a shift can take less than a second and can be done just about anywhere. If not, while it is not ideal, you can save the shifts for the apex of T6 and T10. basically roll into the corners in 3rd with no throttle, then at the apex clutch-in/shift and throttle out. but this would be a temporary solution things get comfortable.
    BECAUSE RACECAR