Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  14
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cayuga track map...

outside #9 seems to collect its fair share of cars ...
    BECAUSE RACECAR

Quote Originally Posted by Armen View Post
    Did they fix the pothole on the driver's side runoff at turn 5 yet? If not, that's something to watch out for.
    Just stay on the frickin' pavement, and it won't be an issue!! ;-)

People typically would be doing corner 4 with too early an entrance, thereby messing up your entrance for 5. That's another protip for road courses ... when a series of corners are joined together, often you must sacrifice the "proper" entry and exit for the first corner to set up properly for the next one.

cheers
    Ed
    12 GT500 coupe
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Mustang Occasionally
    Not everyone is a pro like you, Ed.

I understand that everyone does not have track experience, and I'm certainly not a pro, far from it!! Just trying to give some hints to help out those that would like some basic advice. :-)

And I'm not ashamed to admit that I've done my share of "high speed agricultural work" over the years at pretty much any track I've ever visited. LOL

cheers
    Ed

Quote Originally Posted by fast Ed View Post
    "high speed agricultural work" over the years at pretty much any track I've ever visited. LOL

cheers
    Ed
    This gave me a good laugh. I did a donut into the grass in my last saleen with my Dad in the car at dunnville. We both laughed like crazy as I tried to start the car back up.
    Saleen 89-373....long gone....!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen06GT View Post
    For those of you new to the road course at Cayuga, sorry Toronto Motosports Park, here is a track map for you to review. Please note that for our event the only passing zones will be on the two long straights between turns 13 and 1 and between 1 and 2. Passing on the right, only after the lead car signals. If you are the lead car and signal the pass, please let up on the gas. Don't make it a drag race.

Good rules Stephen! Another point as we have been joking about going into the grass. If you do slide out of control on the pavement or into the grass don't get back on the track and try to go the same pace again. Put your 4 ways on and go back to the pits and check out your car. I have seen people get right back on the track and give it and then get mud and crap all over the track and their car slides all over the place as well. You never know, you may have broken something
    Saleen 89-373....long gone....!!

I found I was harder on the brakes at turn one if I remember right, I carried more speed I think through 2 and had to slow down a lot for 3-5
    like matt said turn 9 was my spin and I saw several others in the same spot
    Im disappointed dasilva called today and I told them In not going to be able to make it..

Quote Originally Posted by Not4you View Post
    outside #9 seems to collect its fair share of cars ...
    I think people just aren't getting whoa'd up enough you don't have a lot of time after the chicane to get set, you need to be ready for it...

it's a technical piece of that track there IMO

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    What has GR been talking about non-stop for the last 2 months? Changes the conversation to it no matter what subject you are trying to talk about, LOL.

May be partially due to how much speed you needed to scrub off to make 6 then trying too hard to make up time. More time to be trimmed by figuring out the right entrance approach angle to 7 so you can steer virtually straight through it and 8 and set up for 9. My own car is faster between 9 and 10 when I scrub off x tra speed so as to keep to the left side of 9 which in turn allows a good pull into the entrance to 10 also leaving me in the best possible entrance into 10.
    I do the same between 3 and 4 by holding the speed down off 2 and staying wide then cutting hard to the inside of 3.
    Worth trying if those corners are a problem for you.

ON A SIDE NOTE

-Don't forget,those pre-registered for both tracks (and paid for) are in on the draw for that beautiful tool set we've got up for grabs. We'll be drawing for it before we go back on the track after lunch.

-If you've got your name down for track day but have not made payment yet, please do so ASAP. Reon is standing by ready to take your credit card information.

thanks guys