Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  14
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cayuga track map...

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    May be partially due to how much speed you needed to scrub off to make 6 then trying too hard to make up time. More time to be trimmed by figuring out the right entrance approach angle to 7 so you can steer virtually straight through it and 8 and set up for 9. My own car is faster between 9 and 10 when I scrub off x tra speed so as to keep to the left side of 9 which in turn allows a good pull into the entrance to 10 also leaving me in the best possible entrance into 10.
    I do the same between 3 and 4 by holding the speed down off 2 and staying wide then cutting hard to the inside of 3.
    Worth trying if those corners are a problem for you.
    ^^^^ this is something that really trips up a lot of guys that are seeing the track for the first time. When you are out on track and approaching T6, it looks like a simple 90 degree turn from one short straight to another. But when you see it on the map it is clearly a proper hairpin, that needs a wide entry and late apex. So as you've said, guys lose a lot of time when they need to lift on exit.
    BECAUSE RACECAR

T6 is the most challenging corner on the track IMO. Have to hang out to the right for what seems like an eternity before turning in.

But then I get enough speed going straight thru 7-8 that when I'm braking for 9 my ABS usually kicks in. It's bumpy going in there.
    -Don____________

This has been posted before, but I'll bump it up to give the new RC participants an idea of the track:

I am installing a front drive axle in my stang. I plan to check out both the in fields and outfields of each corner.......
    "Without Warning, Without Conscience"

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen06GT View Post
    This has been posted before, but I'll bump it up to give the new RC participants an idea of the track:

nice demonstration...

was also nice of you to put the video in slow motion so we could see all the corners clearly

edit: glad I could help.
    -Don____________

TTT

10 days away boys... wooo I'm ready
    '88 LX

guess I'll throw up my junk in this thread as well...

tmp.jpg

Turn 1:

I try to get to outside as far as possible (without hitting the grass)
    start my turn in just before the cone and aim for the cone at the apex
    of the turn, carrying as much speed as I can right out to the grass
    on exit of the turn. If I don't start this turn very wide then I can't
    get any speed on exit due to the car pushing so much.

Turn 2-3:

Again I stay well wide on entry. This is a double apex corner that I try
    to get around as a single as much as possible. Soft on entry and drift out
    to just touch the curbing, trying to keep smooth and not jerk the wheel
    too much. On exit, instead of drifting the car out wide I try to keep it
    tucked in to the right side as much as possible to allow me to set up for
    the esses (turn 4&5)

Turn 4-5 (The Esses):

I try to just touch the curbing on the entry of turn 4 then turn out on
    a straight diagonal across to turn 5 and the same, just touch the curbing
    on the right side, then let the car drift out on exit and just barely
    touch the curbing on the left side before crossing to the right side of
    the track to get set up for turn 6.

Turn 6:

One of the tightest corners on the track, can be tricky, however you brake
    well in advanced for this corner you can drive through smooth and pull out
    hard on the other side. I stay to far right on entry, brake early to allow
    myself plenty of time to watch for my apex. I look for the cone at centre
    apex and steer the car for that, focusing only on the cone, once the car has
    come around the cone I'm hard back on the gas and drift all the way out to
    the right side of track often touching the curbing but as smooth as I can be
    on the wheel.

Turn 7A,B-8:

Everyone has their favourite part of the track, well...this is mine! This is
    where I gain and pull on people the most. I accelerate hard on the small straight
    and don't let off the gas until I enter 7A, then I'm ready to hit the brakes
    hard as I hit 7B, then I stay to the inside for turn 8, cut it hard and let the
    car naturally drift out to the right. Instead of driving around the turns I
    basically stick the car straight through, touching the curbing on the left (7A)
    and then touching the curbing on the right (7B).

*Note:

I do not recommend trying this for rookies or guys that are unsure of this
    turn, this is NOT the way I started going through this section when I first started
    tracking...I've only been able to do this since I've got more comfortable with
    the way the car rolls through there. It doesn't look that aggressive in the in car
    video but trust me you can get bounced around there pretty good it's a real "PAY
    ATTENTION TO HOW FAST YOUR GOING" Section. Also please note, this is not to scare
    or deter anybody, simply suggesting drive to yours and your cars ability and you'll
    be absolutely fine!!

Turn 9:

I don't really have alot of strategy for this corner, just try to drive it as smooth
    as possible so I still have decent speed coming out of it. I basically stay to the
    outside on entry, look for the cone in the middle of the apex and steer for it, then
    drift out to the left, how far out will depend on how much speed you carry through
    this turn, this is one of my slower corners, so I don't get out to the curbing
    on exit alot of the time, however that sometimes helps me set up for turn 10.

Turn 10:

Setting up for turn 10, I stay outside to the right, almost to the grass for a split
    second before I start my turn in as I like to make this a long sweeper so to speak,
    starting my turn earlier and keeping my eye on that apex cone on the left and aiming
    straight for it staying inside and rolling over the curbing as much as possible which
    helps set up my entry for the last double apex turn (11-12)

Turn 11-12:

This is really a double apex turn. For this turn I kinda just float the car through it.
    I used to be on & off the gas all the way through (I was fucking terrible at it) but
    then I learned to treat it as one corner and keep on the gas just enough to float the
    car smoothly around it, get back on the gas on exit, drifting the car out towards the
    wall and down the front straight.

Please note this is far from a track tutorial, this is just the way I get around the
    track that works for me and thought I would share.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    What has GR been talking about non-stop for the last 2 months? Changes the conversation to it no matter what subject you are trying to talk about, LOL.

Nice write up GR. Nice to see what a fast lap looks like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider
    It doesn't look that aggressive in the in car video but trust me you can get bounced around there pretty good
    Like I said, my ABS kicks in here. A combination of hard braking and bumpy surface. Good advice for rookies to take it easy through here.
    -Don____________