Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  14
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cayuga track map...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jibbijib View Post
    ^^^ I think I might do that til I get used to the track. I imagine I'll get into 4th on the front straight at least. Don't need to be redlining lol.
    The 5.0 has enough low end torque to get you around in 3rd nicely. You will run out of RPMs on the 2 straights, and you will need 4th.
    I sometimes try 2nd around #11, but get a bit of wiggle since I haven't perfected heel/toe shifting. I'm smoother if I keep it in 3rd.
    -Don____________

I will be running the nitrous on the straights.....
    "Without Warning, Without Conscience"

You dont think so? I break so early between 5-6 I dont make it half way before I start breaking?

So when do I go to 3rd then back to 2nd? all between 5 and 6?

Thanks Dave this is helpful
    Joel,

Quote Originally Posted by Styrofoam04 View Post
    You dont think so? I break so early between 5-6 I dont make it half way before I start breaking?

So when do I go to 3rd then back to 2nd? all between 5 and 6?

Thanks Dave this is helpful
    I mean it depends on your driving and the car I suppose

I guess you could rev it out in 2nd gear but I have 7K rpm in the Mach and I run out of tach quickly there...

if you check out my video I shift into 3rd just past the curbing on the left side coming out of turn 5...now I'm only in 3rd for about 3 seconds but for me that's enough time to justify a shift

you'll just have to feel it out

it also depends on how well you come out of the esses, the fast the less gear your going to have for the small straight, the slower, the more you will still have left (if that makes sense)

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    What has GR been talking about non-stop for the last 2 months? Changes the conversation to it no matter what subject you are trying to talk about, LOL.

That make sence. I'm just not sure I can upshift then down shift in time. But I want to learn! I can always try it out slowly should give me more time or i just leave it in third and try next time.

Do you mind riding shotgun when I'm ready to try it?
    Joel,

Quote Originally Posted by Styrofoam04 View Post
    That make sence. I'm just not sure I can upshift then down shift in time. But I want to learn! I can always try it out slowly should give me more time or i just leave it in third and try next time.

Do you mind riding shotgun when I'm ready to try it?
    can do a ride along if you like...yep

What has GR been talking about non-stop for the last 2 months? Changes the conversation to it no matter what subject you are trying to talk about, LOL.

are you comfortable with heel/toe downshifting Foam? if not, there is a lot of space there to practice a bit before trying it on the track.
    BECAUSE RACECAR

I sometimes will leave mine in 2nd between 5-6, but I am up around 7,000RPM when I need to brake. This is with the 4v Mach1 heads, 3.55 gears. It won't be as fast, but you may want to consider leaving it in 3rd from the braking zone into T2 all the way through that complex to the exit of T6. That section of TMP is quite technical, it keeps you very busy. Focusing on the line and weight transfer etc may be the way to go before introducing shifting. If you dont get the downshift right, wheel hop in T3 and T6 can send you around, so save the shifting until you are really comfortable with everything else that is going on. If leaving it in second is not an option (revving too high) and downshifting adds complexity, staying in 3rd may be the ticket.
    BECAUSE RACECAR

Quote Originally Posted by Not4you View Post
    If you dont get the downshift right, wheel hop in T3 and T6 can send you around,
    Thanks.
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by Not4you View Post
    I sometimes will leave mine in 2nd between 5-6, but I am up around 7,000RPM when I need to brake. This is with the 4v Mach1 heads, 3.55 gears. It won't be as fast, but you may want to consider leaving it in 3rd from the braking zone into T2 all the way through that complex to the exit of T6. That section of TMP is quite technical, it keeps you very busy. Focusing on the line and weight transfer etc may be the way to go before introducing shifting. If you dont get the downshift right, wheel hop in T3 and T6 can send you around, so save the shifting until you are really comfortable with everything else that is going on. If leaving it in second is not an option (revving too high) and downshifting adds complexity, staying in 3rd may be the ticket.
    Good advice