Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: My new (to me) tow rig...

Deal.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboFox View Post
    Well guess who might be doing a 4l80e swap
    Did the trans give out , I replaced mine twice on my 06 TBSS ,if I had kept it I would've went with a trans from RPM they seem to able to build them so they stay together.

http://www.rpmtransmissions.com

TurboFox
    pretty much yeah. Honestly I think I might go 4L80e. I'm hesitant on dropping 4k on built 4L70e just to worry its gonna grenade everytime I stomp on it.

4l80 isn't too pricey. Just need to have a driveshaft made and buy a preprogrammed TCM. I already talked to Circle D about a converter that will be able to tow yet have a higher stall (3200).

I dunno tho I am still thinking it all through. I have a massive bill coming my way for my mustang's paint job as well otherwise I would have already started ordering the new trans parts.

Whichever way you decide to go when the trans is out it would be a good idea to address the oil starvation issues the trucks have as well.

TurboFox
    already done. Its got a fresh LS2 in it with one of those PCM4less oil pickup tubes

Quote Originally Posted by TurboFox View Post
    already done. Its got a fresh LS2 in it with one of those PCM4less oil pickup tubes
    That's good news

Off my meds again
    Nice truck. Be kind to that transmission though. Those 4L70Es don't like a lot of abuse, and tend to grenade like their 4L60 cousins.