Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Code 116 "ECT"

363GT

Code 116 "ECT"

94 Mustang GT. Long story short lol I've a tune on the car specifically for etesting, without it... would NEVER pass. It would make the car burn much hotter than normal operating temperatures. Something got too hot and now I've accelerating problems "loss of power", smell of unburnt fuel and horrible gas milege "much worse than before" lol. Like the title say's, my scanner pulled a 116 code ECT. Problem is, I purchased a ECT from Napa and when I went to swap them I realized the ECT that's currently in the car is completely different, even the wire that clip's into it.

That looks like the sender for the guage. The one you're looking for should be on the passenger side, on the coolant tubes on top of the intake.

Assume same as the Fox, my understanding Ford has an updated coolant temp sensor that comes with the corresponding plug.

363GT
    LOL I feel like a idiot... just went in the garage and checked it out... looks like youre right Ponyryd, it's on the passenger side! Thx a lot! Its hidden under some shit didnt noticed it before. Doesnt help when Iam just starting to learn about all this stuff

Lol, no worries.