Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1987 Mustang 5 Lug Conversion

Keep an eye out on kijiji for an old 94/95 V6, buy it, take what you need then part the rest out. Can find them for under 1k nowadays
    "Without Warning, Without Conscience"

This is one of those spend the money up front or end up spending approx the same money twice.

SteveEH
    So it's not worth the swap unless I get one of the $2,500 kits? Also not worth it if I can find a 94/95 parts car and take all the parts from it and just swap it in? I haven't purchased anything so getting all the info I can get is great. Like I said, the car is just a cruiser, and if we did the swap, I would like it done proper, and maybe upgrade to Cobra brakes later on in the future. I'm getting a feeling this is more headache then it is actually worth.

HyperGT
    unless you can afford to do it right the first time I would hold off. OR slowly accumulate the parts, SN94 spindles and parts etc. I am sure a budget job can be done, but in order to do that you need to source the parts individually (most likely) or buy a parts car. If you want it IMMEDIATELY then yes, as with anything, you will end up paying more. I have a Saleen which has the 5 lug 4 wheel disk setup and it is a significant upgrade but the cobra is that much more. If it was for street only i would not do the cobra.
    A good set of pads, new slotted rotors (not cross drilled), stainless brake lines would go a long way to better brake feel and performance.

We have two 89 Foxes with 4 wheel discs. Rick did both conversions. I got most of the parts from Mustang Specialties. T
    The conversion is worth every penny. The difference in stopping ability and in control is literally night and day. This should be the very first mod anyone does to their Fox.
    1971 Avanti II, 2022 F250 4 dr diesel
    '89 Coupe, ,'F550 Dump
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, 2018 F-55
    '17 F-250, 96 Mustang GT vert

SteveEH
    Interesting, so if I come across a swap, I should jump on it, but don't go out of my way for it? I'm not exactly sure how much she is willing to pay just for the swap. If I was building a fox, the 5 lug swap would be the first I would do, I love the look of the SVE drifts on the foxes, same with Bullitts.