Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1987 Mustang 5 Lug Conversion

SteveEH
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Use 94/95 stuff only.
    So if I can find a parts car at a scrapyard that is fully intact, I can just rip everything off of it, would that be the best solution?

tulowd
    don't use 1996 and up spindles = bumpsteer problem and tires will likely rub when you have OEM Fox control arms and k member

Coles notes version

Front

94/95 spindles
    Cobra calipers etc or '99 GT are a good option
    Master cyl and line kit from MM
    Adjustable prop valve

Rear

North Race Car brackets
    NRC axles
    Cobra or GT rear brakes (NRC sells brackets for both)
    Park brake, either FMS cables or 94 up cables with the correct tunnel bracket mounted.
    Mod parking brake

Over on GTAMC, Dil is selling a FMS kit, priced very right and includes shipping
    Good guy to deal with.

SteveEH
    Quote Originally Posted by tulowd View Post
    don't use 1996 and up spindles = bumpsteer problem and tires will likely rub when you have OEM Fox control arms and k member
    That part I understood, 96 and over are wider then 94-95.

SteveEH
    Over on GTAMC, Dil is selling a FMS kit, priced very right and includes shipping
    Good guy to deal with.
    Can you post the link here, or feel free to PM me it, I can't seem to find it.

Search function is your best friend.

Link here

http://gtamc.com/showthread.php?1354...ight=brake+kit

Only use 95 stuff up front. This is using cobra brake SN95 spindals and fox length a-arms, SN95 rear axle (.75" wider per side) and brakes, I'm using cobra fronts and 95 GT rear with a brake bias dial under the hood. Rick did most of the work on this and then did it again after the shattered the rear axles into tiny pieces at the track. 18x9 up front 5.95 bs, 18x10 out back 7.25 bs the 96+ stuff is too wide front or back unless you like fender flares.

Good guy to deal with.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveEH View Post
    Can you post the link here, or feel free to PM me it, I can't seem to find it.
    Search function is your best friend.

Link here

http://gtamc.com/showthread.php?1354...ight=brake+kit
    +1 for dealing with Dil (Brent). He did some work on my car when I lived in NB. A very knowledgable fellow to deal with.
    "Without Warning, Without Conscience"

SteveEH
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedtospare View Post
    Only use 95 stuff up front. This is using cobra brake SN95 spindals and fox length a-arms, SN95 rear axle (.75" wider per side) and brakes, I'm using cobra fronts and 95 GT rear with a brake bias dial under the hood. Rick did most of the work on this and then did it again after the shattered the rear axles into tiny pieces at the track. 18x9 up front 5.95 bs, 18x10 out back 7.25 bs the 96+ stuff is too wide front or back unless you like fender flares.
    This is the look I like, she likes the look too, but she doesn't think I can do the swap for under $1,000. The M2300k kit posted above is nice, but is not needed right now, in her eyes as well as mine, at least, not right now. I just figure we can get the 5 lug swap down, and then upgrade later on when we find the Kijiji deals. She knows I can find the deals, heck, I found my full exhaust for $500, sold the parts I had and made over $650 back when said and done.