Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  20
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 2003 cobra replica rims from latemodelrestoration

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    Is this the set you bought? http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...ned-17x9-94-04
    If so, I see no reason they should not fit unless they were made wrong or boxed wrong. This sounds to me like its 100% their problem, the set says it will work on your car and it doesn't, plain and simple, don't blame yourself.
    I really doubt mounting a tire and dropping the car will change the way it fits much, I mean it will drop in a little but it's not just out at the top due to increased camber from having the suspension hanging......
    Also, make sure you check all 4 wheels, in case they aren't all the same.
    That's the set

JDS
    I had the exact set on my fox,no issues.

This is the problem. I can't believe late model sells them like this. This is the back part of the hub.... It's not completely even. Notice the ends

Never seen ones like that. I don't think that fraction of an inch is causing your problem, but I find it intersting that that doesn't allow much contact area between the hub and the rim. According to MM, the wheel is held on to the car by the friction and clamping force of the wheel studs and the hub.
    -Don____________

Yeah...they look like the machine process wasn't completed...Kinda wonky...

If machined flat, would be virtually identical to the stock 03/04 Cobra rim offset.
    Ridiculous how they left it finished like dat.

Im gonna contact latemodelrestoration.com and see if I can get a complete refund plus them pay for me shipping it back. They should not be allowed to sell stuff that could be a safety issue.

JDS
    That's crazy, hope they make it right.

Please keep us posted on how this unfolds. I want the exact same rims for the wife ride (except chrome).
    This isn't latemodels fault but the should come good for it. Poor manufacting QC ... Skipped a step.

I highly doubt that's the problem, but possible I suppose. It looks to me like it should have been machined well beyond that little lip, like down to the next level so there's a full ring of contact all around. If they don't do anything I'd say you're perfectly safe grinding that little lip off yourself if you're sure it's the problem.