Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 05 Gauges

DMitch

05 Gauges

I recently bought an 05 GT....tonight I noticed the temp gauge was pointing south...I read this may be a common problem.Can anyone tell me where to get the gauge cluster rebuilt. Thanks All

Monera3v
    hey buddy,you will need to remove the stepper motor and replace them.

I do provide that service, please contact me. The process takes about 2 hours plus the time to re-position the gauges at the correct position.

I would check the sender first before digging into the dash.
    -Don____________

DMitch
    Quote Originally Posted by monera96 View Post
    hey buddy,you will need to remove the stepper motor and replace them.

I do provide that service, please contact me. The process takes about 2 hours plus the time to re-position the gauges at the correct position.
    I am new to this site...not sure if it is ok to give out phone numbers or email address in a message on a thread.... But I am very interested in getting you to fix my gauges..
    Dave

No thats not the problem.

I just fixed mine, the gas gauge was pointing south. The issue is the smart junction box on the passenger side of the vehicle.
    Water has gotten in through the cabin air filter. The will be corrosion that needs to be cleaned up. Also the rubber grommets on the engine side of the cabin filter will have to be cleaned out to drain the water that may be there.

There are multiple articles on this issue.

SPEED
    I would check the engine temperature with a sct tuner or some other devices if the engine temp is normal (202 ℉ to 218℉ and the gauge is pointing south ( it should be in the center ) then it's the stepper motor that is bad. I replaced them in my 05 my self. It is a known fact that the 05 came out from the factory with defective stepper motors in the gauge cluster. There should of been a recall to replace them but ford was to cheap to do that. Good luck.

DMitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
    No thats not the problem.

I just fixed mine, the gas gauge was pointing south. The issue is the smart junction box on the passenger side of the vehicle.
    Water has gotten in through the cabin air filter. The will be corrosion that needs to be cleaned up. Also the rubber grommets on the engine side of the cabin filter will have to be cleaned out to drain the water that may be there.

There are multiple articles on this issue.
    Thanks for the reply.....I will take your advice and look...I am leaning towards the stepper motor...87k on the car

DMitch
    Thanks can you send pictures of where you are talking about to clean...thanks for the reply