Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  20
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 2003 cobra replica rims from latemodelrestoration

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I know. Just kidding. I agree with Tire Mag for that work. They are great that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
    Lol why not right ? Nah I'd feel so bad doing that to latemodel. They were more than helpful.

I'm taking the rims to tiremag off of keele. Gonna have them machine that crap off and then slap those babies on my STANG after Rick makes her good as new (new clutch, clutch cable, and oil pan). Steve from tiremag looked at the rim and said "why did they do that ?" pointing out the raised portions of the hub surface.

It was interesting to see some of you saying it should be fine but others taking note that it looks to be off. I think the majority vote is that the rims were a bad batch, poorly made etc. Latemodel even removed those rims from their website. I really hope they didn't have alot of those rims laying around as it would suck BALLS to have to return it all to the original manufacturer.

good deal...however what will make this tragic is if you still in fact plan to put 245's on that rim...

just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    What has GR been talking about non-stop for the last 2 months? Changes the conversation to it no matter what subject you are trying to talk about, LOL.

Okay, here's what I'd do if it was me. Machine two wheels, then mount tires and see how they fit, if they still stick out put them on the rear and get some stock satin Cobras for the front, sell the other two.

I don't care if they stick out a bit. Might as well machine them all. I can't sell these rims like this to someone else if even tiremag thinks the back side is wrong

Machine 2 for the front, leave 2 for the rear....buY appropriate fitting tires with the leftover money...BOOM!!!
    "Without Warning, Without Conscience"

100 bucks to machine all 4 is a steal. Just sayin

Did you check the fit on the back? It may offset the wheel enough to fit the wheel well
    "Without Warning, Without Conscience"

It'll fit rick checked the back spacing. It'll be oem back spacing when machined. Gonna get a nice set of falken performance tires

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
    It'll fit rick checked the back spacing. It'll be oem back spacing when machined. Gonna get a nice set of falken performance tires
    I think what Intmdtr is saying is that the OEM backspacing has wheels sit too deep in the wheel well. A lot of guys will run spacers or will go with wider ones (I run 10.5" out back). If you do not machine the ones for the rear, they may look better.
    BECAUSE RACECAR

Quote Originally Posted by HyperGT View Post
    275 fallkens rock!
    image.jpg
    They also may not be secure enough.... which brings us back to the improperly machined back. They are also deep dish style so it may actually be okay. We will see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not4you View Post
    I think what Intmdtr is saying is that the OEM backspacing has wheels sit too deep in the wheel well. A lot of guys will run spacers or will go with wider ones (I run 10.5" out back). If you do not machine the ones for the rear, they may look better.