Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  20
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: 2003 cobra replica rims from latemodelrestoration

^^^there is no problem, the backspacing between those and OEM are only a matter of a couple mm, we measured them today...

he's just unsure if he want's to use them

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    ^^^there is no problem, the backspacing between those and OEM are only a matter of a couple mm, we measured them today...

Also unsure of they will torque right from the start.

Only one way to know.
    Like I said, head to PA or CTC and get yourself set up with a torque wrench, extension and socket. Every car nut should have their own to periodically check wheels anyways.

Well I just read the entire thread. All I can say is that should be flat but it is still not enough to make it stick out that far. That looks roughly about 3-5mm? But your wheel is sticking out 1 inch plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post

Are they wider then? Those really seem to stick out.....if he bolts in a stock cobra 9" wheel it sticks out like that?

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Only one way to know.
    Like I said, head to PA or CTC and get yourself set up with a torque wrench, extension and socket. Every car nut should have their own to periodically check wheels anyways.
    Well do sir. I'm still learning how to be a car nut

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    Are they wider then? Those really seem to stick out.....if he bolts in a stock cobra 9" wheel it sticks out like that?
    I believe I have a negative camber in the front do you think that may be the cause of making it sick out that much?

Just to clarify: I didn't pay attention and realized all the rims were deep dish (this was my fault.). Further more, they seemed to have stuck out too much but it could have been because the tire was not mounted or the camber. Last, the back of the hub needs to be machined evenly, that is the biggest reason why I want a full refund.

Other wise the rims look wicked.

I'll keep everyone posted on my interaction with latemodelrestoration.

If it was just due to the camber it would be sticking out at the top only, this sticks out everywhere. Would be pretty easy to do a test fit with a jack under the lower control arm....that would put the wheel about where it would be with a tire on and sitting on the ground. It is tough to tell with the suspension hanging and no tire, and maybe my eyes are fooling me, but it looks very wrong.
    Deep dish or not the should not stick out like that, you can run deep dish on all 4 corners and have the wheels fit perfect. Actually I'm quite sure Rick had DD all around on his cobra before.

SteveEH
    From the looks of it, when you put the tire on, and get it mounted and everything, the rim/tire wouldn't stick out that much, I think that those "few mm" could be the cause, even if they are minimal, they can change the whole rim/tire look. Hopefully you get a refund and shipping charges paid for. I know I was told to go through DaSilvas for anything from LateModelRestoration, I was told they will make it right, even if it's a few more dollars.

I'll give latemodel a call, if they give me issues I'll call up dasilva and see if they can help me out. I'll keep everyone posted as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveEH View Post
    From the looks of it, when you put the tire on, and get it mounted and everything, the rim/tire wouldn't stick out that much, I think that those "few mm" could be the cause, even if they are minimal, they can change the whole rim/tire look. Hopefully you get a refund and shipping charges paid for. I know I was told to go through DaSilvas for anything from LateModelRestoration, I was told they will make it right, even if it's a few more dollars.