Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  20
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: 2003 cobra replica rims from latemodelrestoration

Honestly it looks pretty normal to me, they machines them like that for a reason I'm sure. I've seen lots of rims with similar machining...

Then maybe those rims that you've seen were not machined properly from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    Honestly it looks pretty normal to me, they machines them like that for a reason I'm sure. I've seen lots of rims with similar machining...

Well, I see 5-10 sets of wheels a day at work, they very, very rarely make contact all the way around, especially steel wheels, if you look at the imprint on a rotor or drum after you take the wheel off you'll see what I mean. They are designed like that, and for a reason I'm sure, I don't have a factory Ford wheel to look at right now but I bet they aren't machined totally around, there is always a void or two here and there.
    Don't get me wrong,mom not saying it's right, just saying it's somewhat normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    Well, I see 5-10 sets of wheels a day at work, they very, very rarely make contact all the way around, especially steel wheels, if you look at the imprint on a rotor or drum after you take the wheel off you'll see what I mean. They are designed like that, and for a reason I'm sure, I don't have a factory Ford wheel to look at right now but I bet they aren't machined totally around, there is always a void or two here and there.
    Don't get me wrong,mom not saying it's right, just saying it's somewhat normal.
    Hmm you could be right but the oem cobra wheel rick showed me was machined flat.

No, not my rim, was just trying to find other rims like your to see if it was 'normal', and not a defect.

I'm guessing it's a feature to help prevent the rim front 'welding' itself to the hub?
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    No, not my rim, was just trying to find other rims like your to see if it was 'normal', and not a defect.

I'm guessing it's a feature to help prevent the rim front 'welding' itself to the hub?
    And your rim is oem like ricks?

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
    Hmm you could be right but the oem cobra wheel rick showed me was machined flat.
    Just checked my Honda wheels and they're flat, checked my Mitsubishi wheels as well, flat also.

I've got seven sets of wheels and tires here, all rim mounting faces are dead nuts flat. Yes some have reliefs / recesses but none have a raised edge like yours.

Look Here!!

Cause I'm such a nice guy...I just went and took pics of three sets of wheels

Ford Racing OEM Cobra "R"

cobra_r.JPG

Steeda Ultralite Race Wheel

steeda_1.JPG

OEM Ford Mach 1

mach.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    What has GR been talking about non-stop for the last 2 months? Changes the conversation to it no matter what subject you are trying to talk about, LOL.

Buddy, don't you ever clean your wheels?