Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Looking for some canned tunes

Looking for some canned tunes

Hello,

Got referred to this forum by a member who mentioned that someone here may be able to help me out.

I have an 05 GT convertible that I picked up a few weeks ago. It came with a Bama SCT SF3 tuner.

The car has a couple mods (JLT intake, 3.73 gears, Axle Back Exhaust) and I was able to select these options in the SCT and reflash the car. Drives great on the 87 map, the 91 and 93 maps are a bit wonky (seem to have some "flat spots" when driving in 1st and 2nd at part throttle).

Anyways the reason I am making this post is because I am looking to add some charge motion delete plates to my setup and members of another forum and telling me that even though the option is selectable in my SCT, all this will do is stop the check engine light from coming on.

Apparently I need a new "canned tune" that will adjust for the delete plates.

I gave Bama a call and apparently since I am not the original owner/purchaser of the SCT I am not applicable to the tunes for life program.

Is there anyone here that could possibly share with me a "canned tune" for my SCT?

Mods would be just the JLT CAI, Delete Plates, 3.73 gears.

the is what my device looks like:

this is what my option screen looks like for the deletes.

Firmware Version: 1.2.129

Tune Version: XP 1.7.0

Thanks, Jeff

S197 Mustang GT Convertible Ford Racing 3.73 Gears / JLT CAI / Steeda UDPs / SCT SF3 Tuner / Ford Racing Axle Back Exhaust
    SOLD

Hey Jeff glad you joined!
    I don't think anyone will be able to simply share a tune with you, they are vehicle specific and I know I have to give my cars computer code and the programmer code each time I get one from Bama.
    I would explore the ones I mentioned on S197 I think the least expensive for a single tune out of the ones I sent you was VMP at $130

Quote Originally Posted by NickD View Post
    Hey Jeff glad you joined!
    I don't think anyone will be able to simply share a tune with you, they are vehicle specific and I know I have to give my cars computer code and the programmer code each time I get one from Bama.
    I would explore the ones I mentioned on S197 I think the least expensive for a single tune out of the ones I sent you was VMP at $130
    VMP tunes are great, I have been spraying for years up to 175 shots of Nitrous (hundreds of pounds)and lots of other mods , fuel/air is bang on.
    I have the capability with my SCT Livewire to make several adjustments but tune is great as is...as far as mail order tunes VMP works for me

Little 2V 700+ RWHP, Pump Gas
    10.46 sec @ 136 mph

thanks for the info. price seems right.

S197 Mustang GT Convertible Ford Racing 3.73 Gears / JLT CAI / Steeda UDPs / SCT SF3 Tuner / Ford Racing Axle Back Exhaust
    SOLD