Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I would rather have...

I would rather have...

a 13 second car that I built...

than a 9 second car that somebody else built...

agree...disagree?

TurboFox
    I'd rather have a 9 second car I built lol.

But yes I agree. Its more fun. Anyone can go out and buy a new one. I like knowing that no matter what car pulls up beside me mine will be different.

9 second car someone else built.....ain't nobody got time fo that!

I like to see/feel what a certain mod does.. Buying a completely built car isn't for me.
    '88 LX

WTF
    I'd rather have the bill for the 13 second car that I paid somebody to build....rather than the bill for the 9 second car that I paid somebody to build

99chromegt
    To each their own. Either paying someone to build it or building it yourself, each experience or process is rewarding. Seeing a vision come to fruition or achieving a certain look or HP level is the ultimate goal. I personally enjoy the ups and downs of building it myself. I have to define "myself" as including many members & sponsors of this community. Without everyone's advice & help my learning curve would be much larger. Building a 13 sec car myself and transforming it over a few years into a 9sec car is my ultimate goal. Keeping it a street car that sees track duty is another component of that goal.

To answer the OP's question building a 13sec car myself over paying to have 9 sec ride built works for me. 13 secs gets old quick however lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 99chromegt View Post
    To each their own. Either paying someone to build it or building it yourself, each experience or process is rewarding. Seeing a vision come to fruition or achieving a certain look or HP level is the ultimate goal. I personally enjoy the ups and downs of building it myself. I have to define "myself" as including many members & sponsors of this community. Without everyone's advice & help my learning curve would be much larger. Building a 13 sec car myself and transforming it over a few years into a 9sec car is my ultimate goal. Keeping it a street car that sees track duty is another component of that goal.

To answer the OP's question building a 13sec car myself over paying to have 9 sec ride built works for me. 13 secs gets old quick however lol.
    I agree with you Andrew, to each their own.

If I am too busy and really want something done, the pay somebody else option works really well. It is nice to do your own work but not all of us have the time nor the skills to do it.
    The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.

Leonardo da Vinci

Quote Originally Posted by Tailites View Post
    a 13 second car that I built...eventually
    Agree.

I would end up wrapping a 9-second car around a pole anyway.
    -Don____________

Keep the cash, take the bus!

99chromegt
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
    Keep the cash, take the bus!
    I know I said "to each their own" but come on OldSchool lol