Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First drive a Sucess, KINDA!

First drive a Sucess, KINDA!

Drove the vert down the road, drove fine. However, i have developed intermittent No crank issues.. couple weeks ago my buddy wanted to hear it run, went to crank and NOTHING... as if the clutch wasnt to the floor. Cycled the key a bunch while holding clutch down and finally it rolled and fired.. this was the first time it every did this since i put it together.. it did it again lastnight trying to start... cycle key a bunch and then it finally went.... No clicking of the solinoid or nothing. Gonna check for lose wires but is there something on the starter that could do this? I always took it as they Click and thats your sign. I also installed the little plug to bypass the Neutral safety switch and it still didnt wanna roll.

also....i have brand new H&R supersport springs and IMO the rack is TERRIBLE... front is slammed nice and the back has alot of gap...likely 3" or more. Both rear spring pigtails are facing the drivers side.... Will these settle alot? it kind looks silly , as if i cut my fronts and left the rears stock.

HyperGT
    i am unhappy with my SS as well. back is good at 1-1.5 inch clearance but front is one finger....way too low. Coilovers ftw.
    They do settle, mine about 1/4-1/2 in over a few weeks. It is a fox vert though but should not be much different. Post some pics. You could remover rear isolators to drop it some more, or cut a half coil or coil, but not ideal.
    Post some pics, did you tighten the suspension when the carwas down, if not it may be binding and not allowing the control arm to properly seat.

I would also check the main ground

quick question about grounds. I added a few extras just to be safe, but i did them to the header bolts to the frame rails. Is it possible that the new header gaskets softened up enough from there initial running that they need to be snugged back up? causing a ground issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Infected View Post
    I had the same issue as you're describing with my 86.
    Turned out it was my MSD ignition box.

What kind of ignition are you running?
    Stock ignition

In the case of the rear sitting high, the car has Brand new Bilsteins that maybe require a break-in period too maybe?

HyperGT
    Quote Originally Posted by 95GT_VERT View Post
    In the case of the rear sitting high, the car has Brand new Bilsteins that maybe require a break-in period too maybe?
    maybe, i just did the same with koni, again did you tighten all the bolts under load or up on jacks!

Quote Originally Posted by HyperGT View Post
    maybe, i just did the same with koni, again did you tighten all the bolts under load or up on jacks!
    I tightened everything with the suspension hanging. I called BMR and asked if it mattered. They told me that the only time it matters is with rubber bushings . I told them I still had rubber on the top of the differential side of the uppers . He said they could be binding and that if I can loose those bolts and re tighten them at ride hieght that it should help.

Any bushing that is urethane apparently doesn't require to be at ride hieght according to BMR tech support .

Quote Originally Posted by 95GT_VERT View Post

shocks don't make a difference to ride height. Springs do.
    Saleen 89-373....long gone....!!

Do you mean, won't turn over or won't start?