Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/R X and Flows

O/R X and Flows

how much would having a set of cats welded into my X pipe quiet it down? Took my mustang vert for a parking lot test and its stupid loud.

Considerably quieter plus keeps it legit.

Not sure what I was thinking with the o/r x pipe setup.maybe I was feeling like I was 19 again.

I would like to quiet it down maybe 25% and get rid of the hollow empty sewer pipe sound

Cats are an old guys best friend.

Empty sewer pipe sound is standard with flows.
    Cats will quiet it down for sure, easily 25% depending what kind of cat you buy, some are louder than others.

Any recommendation of a brand that takes less sound away. I don't mind a good grunt from the exhaust but gotta do something

Any of the small metallic core spun cats make the least difference in sound. Magnaflow sells them for sure and I know there are some off-brand ones available on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by 95GT_VERT View Post
    Not sure what I was thinking with the o/r x pipe setup.maybe I was feeling like I was 19 again.

I would like to quiet it down maybe 25% and get rid of the hollow empty sewer pipe sound

any cat will quiet it down no question...but like mentioned above there are different grades and qualities out there

I have these on the Red Mach (see link below)...the car is sill very loud with my set up...but should be more tame with yours with the flowmasters. Reason I'm suggesting these are they may not be the absolute best emissions wise but I've put these things through their paces running tham at the track, they aren't even steel colour anymore, mine are high gloss gold now LOL but they are holding up to the test...

Magnaflow seems to be hit and miss...I had a set of they're reletively in-expensive 3 way cats on my 04 GT and never had a problem, they were great...however the same type on the Black Mach initially and they fell apart within 3 weeks...now the black mach has special very expensive cats on it that sill have great flow but allowed the Mach to pass emissions even with the cams and that was back when they were still doing the sniffer testing so they really do work...the down side is they are like $500 each wich is usually more than most people want to spend on cats...

Get and H Pipe if you want to get rid of the hollow sound, the X pipe is part of the culprit

anyways...just thought I throw my .02 into the ring for ya...

here's the link to the cats I have:

http://www.slponline.com/product/M31...onverters.html

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    What has GR been talking about non-stop for the last 2 months? Changes the conversation to it no matter what subject you are trying to talk about, LOL.

#4 in this line up is a '94 with BBK catted h-pipe and flows (American thunder)
    -Don____________

Unless your opting for a big dollar set, Magnaflow or similar seem to all last about the same. Since their life span can be suspect, clamp into place if possible to make replacement less expensive down the road.